WE'RE NOT SURE
- My Old Vines Chenin Blanc comes from a very unique older vineyard, planted in 1977 on the Voorgroenberg Mountain in Wellington at around 400 meters above sea level.
- These older vines give lower yields, thus a big concentration and complexity of flavors with the decomposed granite soils adding deep mineral and fresh natural acid characters, making it a world class example of what Chenin Blanc can taste like.
- Granite, dusty minerality, quince, citrus, pineapple and herbs come together on a complex nose, with these flavours following through on the palate. The palate is fresh, delicate, yet powerful and rich all at the same time, in typical Old Vines style.
Johan Kruger, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
Sorry, this wine is available exclusively to the Angels who helped make it happen. To find out more about becoming an Angel, click here.
- I have some 45 year old bush vine Chenin Blanc that produces top quality grapes. I always wondered what this wine would taste like if I was to bottle it separately, Naked Angel funding gave me the opportunity to finally do it.
- The Raats Bush vine Chenin Blanc Limited 2014 was the maiden release of this very special and limited production, only 3000 bottles were made.
- This wine epitomises the understated elegance of Chenin Blanc - with lashings of rich oak. Its restrained, yet complex, with quince, ripe pear, orange blossoms, nettles and spice. The wine's beauty lies in its lightness of touch and in the elegant way its oaky complexity is revealed.