- Very little Pinot Gris is grown in Ben's area of the Languedoc so when he saw the opportunity to grab a parcel of fruit he jumped on it and was able to secure it all thanks to Angel funding!
- Every year since then he has produced a mouth-wateringly delicious Pinot Gris' and this years vintage is no different.
- It's full of refreshing lime, lemon, pear, white nectarine and apple fruits, with a floral honeysuckle aroma. A twinkle of freshness makes it the perfect quaffer to enjoy in the garden on spring afternoons.
- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
- Coming from an area known for its reds, where whites don’t get much of a look in, Katie and her Monsieur Jones were set on showing Angels that whites can hold their own here and boy have they gone and done just that!
- She added a smidgen of Muscat to their traditional Grenache and Macabeo blend - but don’t be fooled, there’s none of the sweetness that usually comes hand in hand with Muscat here.
- This is an aromatic, fresh, fruity and seriously easy-drinking wine. We certainly can’t get enough of it; especially for just £9.99 a bottle!
The Loire Valley is home to some seriously scrumptious Chenin Blanc so when Joost and Miguela got their hands on some of the best grapes from the top-notch Vouvray appellation, they couldn’t wait to get to work.
- With mouth-watering aromas of honeydew melon and a light floral touch, this is a treat for wine racks everywhere!
- With it’s smoothness and bracing minerality, Joost’s Chenin is perfect for a slap-up Chinese feast - he loves it with tangy sweet and sour chicken.
- We've always loved decent Chablis...but never really loved the price of it. Well, this little sister to Sebastien's regular Chablis delivers both quality and class, as well as great value.
- Pure citrus fruit flavours shine through, with a crisp, clean minerality that makes it an obvious choice for those days when you just want to pop the cork and be thankful you've gotten through another day.
- Sebastien has just scooped a gold medal for this little beauty at the 'Concours des Vins de Chablis'. We think that just about sums it up!
- Thanks to your votes in the Winemaker of the Year competition, I was able to make this exciting new wine especially for Angels...
- One of my favourite grapes, Terret Bourret, combined with just a touch of Picpoul creates an exceptional, light, fresh wine, a wine with elegance and length. Thanks to your support and funding, Angels and Archangels, this wine can come back to life.
- And, as you probably all now know, every bottle that you enable me to produce, every bottle that you buy, every bottle that you drink, every bottle shared between friends or with your posts on Naked Wines, is another brick in the wall of my new winery!
- Nantes is best known as the birthplace of sci-fi legend Jules Verne, but thanks to Francois Lieubeau and his family.... now it's on the winemaking map too!
- Characterful, complex and decadently dry, it's beautiful balancing act of subtle citrus lifts and fresh pears - all finished off with the sort of moreish minerality that'll leave you longing for one last sip.
- The label is based on one of Verne’s most famous stories. It even makes food pairing simple - grab yourself a bottle, and show it some love with the freshest seafood you can find!
Pierre is a 4th generation winemaker with a Master’s degree in viticulture so what he doesn't know about winemaking isn't worth knowing.
Pierre’s wines come from one of the best villages in the Rhone and this Viognier is no different. The grapes were harvested at just the right time to make sure it’s nothing short of perfection.
There are so many ways to enjoy this one but we reckon wholesome chicken stews and scrummy fruity puddings are your best bets.
The grapes for this wine come from vineyards that I have been growing for a very long time. I do everything by hand – pruning, working the soil and harvesting to create a beautiful environment for our vines to grow.
It’s a delicious blend of Roussane and Grenache with aromas of succulent peaches, pears and white flowers, leading to smooth, fresh and fruity flavours.
This was the last vintage of Le Joly Blanc that we made in our old winery - the next one will be made in our brand new winery - all thanks to you! By buying this wine you have helped me to empty my tanks for moving to my new winery and I really appreciate the support.