- Back in 1997 I took a trip to New Zealand where I fell in love with Sauvignon Blanc. Ever since I got back I've wanted to find the perfect place to grow my own, and with the help of Naked Wines I finally found the right place near the village of Brenton on the slopes of Monte Calvarina.
- The grapes for my Sauvignon Blanc Vecchie Scuole come from a vineyard 500 metres above sea level, and are grown on rich volcanic soils. We handpick each vine at the end of August, before pressing the grapes and fermenting in stainless steel vats - all on the same day.
- The volcanic soil and altitude give my wine a distinct set of aromas. You will see that it's fresh with hints of jasmine, nettles and white pepper, with mouth wateringly rich citrus, apricot and peach flavours.
Antonio Fattori, Winemaker
- Gerd's delicious dry Riesling has been awarded a shiny Silver medal at the IWC awards.
- After his Pinot Noir blew our socks off in a blind-tasting, we thought it'd be rude not to take his Riesling too!
- Grab yourself a bottle and try it with a tasty Thai takeaway for a proper Friday night treat.
- Burgundy is one of my favourite places to make wine and I love creating exceptional Chablis for Angels. It’s a classic, delicious style that I can’t get enough of.
- Thanks to Angel funding I was able to secure some fantastic barrels of Chablis from a great vintage, and a few years in the cellar have only made it better.
- Crisp, elegant and packed full of citrus fruits, my Chablis is perfect as an aperitif or served with any light fish dish.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- After 6 years working as a Naked winemaker, I was thrilled to bring you a wine I have always admired; my first ever classic Chablis Premier Cru....and now it's back for round 2!
- Having the freedom to secure such rare finds, knowing that Naked Wines and the Angels will love them, gives me confidence to grow and develop as a winemaker.
- The appellation is one of the warmest in Chablis, sunny and dry conditions with a light breeze and cool nights... all of the elements required for perfect ripening of the grapes. The result is an elegant, richer style of Chablis, well-balanced with a touch of oak, and a lovely minerality and length.
The vineyards are located at the top of a charming little village in western France and have been lucky enough to avoid the frost which has plagued the rest of the Loire Valley and Europe in recent years.
Two pickings over 10 days makes sure both crisp freshness and full flavours go into this vibrant white that’s brimming with Old World class.
- This one will age beautifully for the next 5-7 years at least, taking on a more honeyed character as it does, whilst still remaining dry. It’s pure magic!
Sicily is home to some of the nicest, crispest, freshest and fruitiest white wines in the world so when Christian told us he had secured a parcel of Grecanico we just had nab the lot!
This is your perfect summer sipper, full of juicy ripe white peaches, golden delicious apple and just a smidge of pineapple. Guaranteed to get the tongue tingling.
The perfect match with any fish dish, especially salmon sashimi. Grab your chopsticks, a glass of this and sit in the sunshine. Absolute heaven.
- Authenticity is very important for me - I like to make sure that my wines fully reflect the style of the area that they are from. For my Pouilly Fume I've used grapes from perfect limestone soil, which is perfect to express the freshness and elegance of Pouilly Fume.
- The grapes are fermented and matured for several months on fine lees to bring finesse and roundness, before finally bottling them at the beginning of the next summer.
- All of this means that my Pouilly Fume is refreshingly crisp, with citrus flavours and a delightful aroma of delicate white flowers that is typical to Pouilly Fume.
- If you're not familiar with Pinot Blanc, boy oh boy you are in for a treat.... this fragrant little beauty is steeped in gorgeous, rounded fruits with a long and luxurious finish. Oooooh-so-drinkable!
- Overlooked for the more famous brothers and sisters, Pinot Blanc never became an international star because it grows best in Germany.
- Perfect with a lovely bit of grilled fish, griddled asparagus and a generous portion of buttery new potatoes.
- Thanks to your votes in the Winemaker of the Year competition, I was able to make this exciting new wine especially for Angels...
- One of my favourite grapes, Terret Bourret, combined with just a touch of Picpoul creates an exceptional, light, fresh wine, a wine with elegance and length. Thanks to your support and funding, Angels and Archangels, this wine can come back to life.
- And, as you probably all now know, every bottle that you enable me to produce, every bottle that you buy, every bottle that you drink, every bottle shared between friends or with your posts on Naked Wines, is another brick in the wall of my new winery!
Read more about Virgile and his amazing story in his book here!
- We tasted 60 Pinot Grigios in a blind tasting, and this little beauty came out on top. So we bought it. Lots of it. Which also means it's ultra affordable for you.
- Taste this crisp and refreshing drop alongside a bland, mass-produced Italian Pinot Grigio and it seems like a different grape entirely. Fantastic with food, but utterly gorgeous all on its lonesome.
- Alessandro makes his Pinot Grigio at a big winery (by Naked standards)... but it's lavished with his personal love and attention from start-to-finish - and it's exclusive to Angels.