- Joost’s winery has won a rep among wine critics for producing some of the finest sauce in the Sauvignon Blanc universe. And Sauvignon doesn’t come any lusher than Pouilly Fumé.
- Think pure, vibrant, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle. Then give it an OBE. Joost's Pouilly Fumé is crisp, complex and posh enough to be served with a trumpet fanfare.
- It tastes great on its own, even better with pan-fried scallops or steamy pasta. Or simply rip open a freshly baked French stick and go totally bonkers with the Brie.
- Back in 1997 I took a trip to New Zealand where I fell in love with Sauvignon Blanc. Ever since I got back I've wanted to find the perfect place to grow my own, and with the help of Naked Wines I finally found the right place near the village of Brenton on the slopes of Monte Calvarina.
- The grapes for my Sauvignon Blanc Vecchie Scuole come from a vineyard 500 metres above sea level, and are grown on rich volcanic soils. We handpick each vine at the end of August, before pressing the grapes and fermenting in stainless steel vats - all on the same day.
- The volcanic soil and altitude give my wine a distinct set of aromas. You will see that it's fresh with hints of jasmine, nettles and white pepper, with mouth wateringly rich citrus, apricot and peach flavours.
Antonio Fattori, Winemaker
- Burgundy is one of my favourite places to make wine and I love creating exceptional Chablis for Angels. It’s a classic, delicious style that I can’t get enough of.
- Thanks to Angel funding I was able to secure some fantastic barrels of Chablis from a great vintage, and a few years in the cellar have only made it better.
- Crisp, elegant and packed full of citrus fruits, my Chablis is perfect as an aperitif or served with any light fish dish.
- Authenticity is very important for me - I like to make sure that my wines fully reflect the style of the area that they are from. For my Pouilly Fume I've used grapes from perfect limestone soil, which is perfect to express the freshness and elegance of Pouilly Fume.
- The grapes are fermented and matured for several months on fine lees to bring finesse and roundness, before finally bottling them at the beginning of the next summer.
- All of this means that my Pouilly Fume is refreshingly crisp, with citrus flavours and a delightful aroma of delicate white flowers that is typical to Pouilly Fume.
- We didn't think Joost could actually make a better Sancerre, but he has surpassed himself - and thanks to Angel funding and sharp buying of grapes by Joost, it's still a steal.
- This is crisp with a capital C and has a tightly packed bundle of explosive gooseberry fruit waiting to go off in the mouth that is offset by a really lovely minerality and an uber long finish. Just so, so drinkable.
- You can't waste a serious Sancerre like this. Splash out on some lobster or a big bowl of mussels to make the most of it.
- This is a WOW wine. We hunted high and low for a Chablis that impressed us. It may have taken a while, but boy are we happy with this find!
- This is the absolute essence of a classic Chablis, bone dry and minerally...yum
- Try this wine with some oysters, the perfect pairing for a decadent dinner
WE'RE NOT SURE
- I found Riesling always fascinating and a great challenge to make. It is such a diverse grape variety with a wonderful quality to express its origin.
- These grapes were grown in a vineyard with soils rich in Kalkstein (limestone) and I love the flavours this gives to the wine.
- Delicate refreshing notes of yellow peaches, autumn apples, citrus and a hint of spice. The flavours are rich with a beautiful balance of fruit and a long mineral finish.