- Mike's Pinot Gris is a belter! Insanely tropical, tongue-tingly and rich... with that super-crisp tropical fruitiness New Zealand is famous for. Sunshine in a bottle.
- With Sauvignon Blanc stealing all the praise for Marlborough, it’s easy to forget that it’s a paradise for other grapes too. Luckily Mike used Angel funding to snaffle a parcel of perfect Pinot Gris from an immaculate vineyard to create an absolute belter of a wine.
- WARNING: This wine is dangerously drinkable... with or without food. Don't say we didn't warn you!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
- Joost’s winery has won a rep among wine critics for producing some of the finest sauce in the Sauvignon Blanc universe. And Sauvignon doesn’t come any lusher than Pouilly Fumé.
- Think pure, vibrant, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle. Then give it an OBE. Joost's Pouilly Fumé is crisp, complex and posh enough to be served with a trumpet fanfare.
- It tastes great on its own, even better with pan-fried scallops or steamy pasta. Or simply rip open a freshly baked French stick and go totally bonkers with the Brie.
- What’s fresher than a spray of ocean air, and zestier than a lemon convention? If you answered Pinot Grigio, you’d be absolutely right. And, if you didn't, maybe it's time you gave it a try.
- Our Italian bubble genius, Paolo, has set his sights on this Italian stalwart... and boy, has he made it worth your while! This crisp beauty will zip across your taste buds with a slice of apple and a touch of white peach.
- At a slender 12% it can be enjoyed on its lonesome or as a companion for steaming hot pasta with a rich creamy sauce.
- I am really interested in showing Sauvignon Blanc from lesser known regions in New Zealand. As wine drinkers around the world love and appreciate Marlborough Sauvignon, I'm now witnessing an eagerness for people to discover other takes on this great variety. Waipara's version is typically more understated with quite a different structure to the palate, like a cross between a Kiwi Sauvignon and a good Sancerre.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- A true Waipara style with stonefruits, golden kiwifruit and green plums. Luscious on the palate with plenty of ripe fruits, weighty mid palate and a satisfyingly fresh finish. I like to think of it as a Sauvignon with a difference!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- Old Naked favourite Thomas Hordern returns with his Chardonnay from the Hunter Valley.
- It's simply delicious with mouth-watering peach and pear aromas on the nose.
- An amazing mouthful of flavour, with spice, some nuttiness and those yummy peach and pear flavours which continue to a nice long finish.
- This is an intensely elegant Chardonnay that tastes so good we were worried we couldn't afford it.
- These vines are literally meters away from 1st cru vines. Esoteric Burgundian classifications from centuries ago mean that this fruit is going to cost a fraction of the price even though it delivers the same intensity and elegance of the neighboring Montagny Cru vines.
- If you want to know what expensive French white Burgundy tastes like, this is your chance to find out without breaking the bank.
- Back in 1997 I took a trip to New Zealand where I fell in love with Sauvignon Blanc. Ever since I got back I've wanted to find the perfect place to grow my own, and with the help of Naked Wines I finally found the right place near the village of Brenton on the slopes of Monte Calvarina.
- The grapes for my Sauvignon Blanc Vecchie Scuole come from a vineyard 500 metres above sea level, and are grown on rich volcanic soils. We handpick each vine at the end of August, before pressing the grapes and fermenting in stainless steel vats - all on the same day.
- The volcanic soil and altitude give my wine a distinct set of aromas. You will see that it's fresh with hints of jasmine, nettles and white pepper, with mouth wateringly rich citrus, apricot and peach flavours.
Antonio Fattori, Winemaker
- This wine is a walk on the wild side of Marlborough - there's no Sauvignon Blanc quite like it. Naked have shown great faith in supporting our Lay of the Land range of Marlborough wines, and are showing another leap along with our Angels in the creation of our new Sauvignon.
- We whole-bunch pressed the grapes and wild-fermented the juice in old oak barrels for two months on its original yeast lees. The result? A Sauvignon Blanc that's drier than you'd expect for Marlborough, but also riper and with more minerality.
- Imagine a cross between the finesse of a Pouilly Fume and the lift, drive and verve of fruit from our beautiful slice of paradise down here in Marlborough, and you'll come close to the unique taste of this small batch wine.
Mike Paterson, Winemaker
- Riesling is all about the grapes, and the site on which it is grown. My Rebel Riesling is a blend of three different vineyards - one lovely old vineyard in Central Victoria, and two elevated vineyards in the King Valley and Strathbogie Ranges.
- As a Riesling fanatic myself, I put all my heart and soul into making my Rebel Riesling the tastiest little wine I can! This wine has a lovely pale straw colour, with plenty of fresh citrus aromas and flavours, with some delicate floral notes.
- So rocking Riesling lovers unite.. you won't be disappointed with this dry and racy drop!