- This wine gives Sam the opportunity to incorporate new technologies and techniques in his winemaking to showcase wines from around the state of Victoria.
- The fruit for this wine was from the Gentle Annie vineyard, which Sam has been working with for over 20 years. This wine is full bodied and well balanced with luscious fruit flavours, think red fruits, blackcurrant, black pepper and spicy note from oak... deee-lish!
- Intense flavours, full bodied but a bit more restrained than your standard Aussie Shiraz... this is superbly stylish and beautifully balanced, you'll love it!
- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
- This Shiraz is the Pierce Brosnan of our reds. It's smooth & rich, but still packs a punch.
- Angel funding helped the guys keep their best grapes. They used to have to sell them to their neighbours to finance the winemaking. Because of that we get to buy better wines at a lower price, and that saving is passed on to you!
- Aged in expensive French Oak, this smoky, spicy, luscious red is the ideal companion for chargrilled red meat.
- Sam spent years making his name as the bona fide superstar of Aussie Shiraz, winning heaps of prestigious medals and the Best Shiraz in Australia trophy in the process.
- Thanks to Angel funding, he’s now running a shiny winery of his own. And stunning gems like this Reserve Shiraz are his way of saying thank you!
- Deliciously juicy, spicy and smooth, it’s made using the very best grapes he could get his rock–star hands on.
- When Scott Feldtmann (who looks after the Gentle Annie vineyard) offered me some pristine fruit from his own vineyard, Major Plains, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to pass up! The vineyard is dry grown and produces a very small crop of intensely coloured and concentrated fruits.
- To show at its best, high end red wine needs new oak barrels, and these are expensive. Bond funding helped me to buy the best oak which lets this wine sing. Truth is, I wouldn’t be making this wine without the fantastic support of Bondholders!
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. It has a great intensity of flavour - rich and powerful with great length. There is also a velvetiness to it, which makes it attractive to drink rather than just being all about power. I hope you’ll be blown away by it!
- 2016 was quite a year for Johan Kruger. First he gave up his safe Stellenbosch job to go it alone and make his award-winning kit for Naked. Then, when Angels got a taste of his stupidly delicious wines, you nominated him for Winemaker of the Year!
Johan heard he’d been nominated on his son Matteo’s birthday. He felt honoured, and humbled, and determined to pay back the amazing Angels who voted for him, by making a truly spectacular wine. Funding allowed him to get his hands on some truly top-notch fruit and reserve juice and they came together perfectly...
This is a complex wine with dense flavours. Shiraz, Pinotage and Cab Sauv give it a lovely backbone of dark, brooding fruit and peppery complexity, while a splash of Merlot softens the finish to silky-smooth.
Stellenbosch is the beating heart of the South African wine industry. It has the perfect soils and climate to make some of the best Merlot on the planet.
Lucky for us, Johan’s connections there include some of South Africa’s winemaking top brass. So when a mate of his made a vintage of one of the country’s most sought after Merlots, Johan used all his charm (plus a dollop of Angel funding) to snaffle a parcel up for you.
From the first sip it’s velvety soft and silky, like proper Merlot should be. With big warm hugs of red fruit. To really lift the flavour and intensify the lovely rich finish, Johan’s added a cheeky splash of Malbec.
- Australia produces some of the most scrumptious Shiraz in the world... so when your golden boy Sam tipped us off about some top-notch grapes, we didn’t think twice about giving him the extra funding to snap 'em up.
- This is as full-flavoured as Shiraz gets. Bags of dark brambly fruit have been supercharged by all that lovely Aussie sun. Sam’s balanced the power-packed fruit with a peppery warmth, a creamy texture and a long jammy finish that just goes on forever.
- Smooth enough to drink on its own - or it’s perfect with a big bowl of spag bol or a bubbling lamb casserole. Yum.
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck - it's superb.
The perfect tummy-warming red to ease you into the chilly winter nights. Light the fire, pop your comfies on and pour yourself a large glass of this.
- Eddy bought this wine along to Summer Tour for our Angels to try and you guys went nuts for it so we just had to get his bottles over to Old Blighty!
- Only the best grapes have gone into this beauty, which has been aged for 12 months in French oak barrels to give it a sumptuous silky smoothness.
- Let the deliciously intense ripe fruit flavours and aromas wash over if you choose to drink it now. If you can bear to lay it down, however, this one will age beautifully for many years to come.