WE'RE NOT SURE
- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This boutique Cab Sav is produced in the under-the-radar Tulbagh region of South Africa.
- Compared to Stellenbosch, Tulbagh is a teensy, little-known region. But it punches well above its weight. Its world-class reds are turning heads. And they are all down to its unique micro-climate.
- Deep ruby-red in colour, its oodles of rich black berry flavours and a lick of spice, it's a wine with real oomph that's guaranteed to get your taste buds going. Plus it can easily be kept for up to 8 years from vintage if you have the patience!
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to leave my local Cooperative and start making my own wine from my own vineyards. My family have been in the Cooperative since it started in 1913 (my grandpa planted the vineyards) so this is the beginning of a new adventure for me and my family.
- The vineyards are in the small village of Tuchan on the Languedoc Roussillon border, surrounded by the natural countryside of wild herbs. The greedy wild boar munch their way through a fair amount of my grapes, and the low yields give a more concentrated style of wine. Your support gives me more time to work in the vineyard to produce a top quality wine for you without the stress of knowing where I am going to sell it.
- My Corbieres is made from Carignan, Grenache and Syrah from vineyards that I have owned and worked since I was 16. Some of the vineyards I planted myself too! This is a big, full bodied, intense Corbières. It is a dry wine with spice and red fruits. There is no oak ageing, so it is packed with lovely red fruits with a touch of spice and herby flavours.
Jean Marc, Winemaker
- You have been asking for wines from the Lebanon and we searched high and low to find one that was perfect for Angels.
- Eddy carefully grows and handpicks the plumpest fruit from his vineyard to go into this juicy, elegant and subtle drop.
- Classic and rustic with a playful fruity side, this wine is full of bold blackberry and redcurrant flavours wrapped up in a warming toasty lick of vanilla spice. The perfect tipple to accompany a melt-in-the-mouth rack of lamb
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The combination of a classic variety such as Cabernet Sauvignon with Carignan is not so common to find in the world, yet the result of using a little bit of quality Chilean Carignan in the blend is beautiful.
- The Cabernet Sauvignon grapes come from right near the coast of the Pacific Ocean, and the Carignan is planted a bit more inland to enjoy the warmer weather and bring out the fruitiness of the grapes.
- It’s fruity and refreshing, has a delicate structure built on soft tannins and is a perfect choice if you are looking to try something new!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- A freak frost in Argentina all but destroyed what was set to be the best vintage in 25 years. However, thanks to Angel funding, Mauricio was able to invest in a new harvest machine - so his grapes were safely tucked up in the winery before disaster struck.
- 100% Argentine Petit Verdot is rare to find in the UK and only made in tiny quantities. This wine is truly something special.
- Dark and brooding, Mauricio's velvety red is crammed with layers of rich black fruit. The flavours linger forever and the lush herbal aromas make you want to close your eyes and sigh. Looks, smells and tastes like the kind of nectar posh people drink to impress their wine snob mates.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- When Johan Kruger tipped us off about a one-off, super-premium Cabernet Sauvignon from one of the classiest vineyards in South Africa, that was going for a ludicrous price, we couldn’t turn it down.
- Claret in colour. Claret in nature. It’s been aged to perfection over the past 5 years in the poshest French oak to give a rich and refined finish. This special wine can stand up to the big boys of Burgundy, and, with top winemaker Johan’s seal of approval behind it, you can be sure the quality is sky high.
- It’s hard to believe stuff this good is still kicking around, but these bottles have been sitting in a cellar since 2014. Just don’t ask us which one - we’re sworn to secrecy!
- This prestigious Bordeaux is sourced from some of the best Grand Cru vineyards of St Emilion, and finished by winemaking wizard Jonathan Maltus.
- Concentrated yet elegant, generous but silky soft, and as proudly plush as they come, thanks to ageing in no expense spared French Oak barrels.
- This is the seeeriously good stuff that you won't want to share. We suggest grabbing yourself a bottle and booking yourself an evening with a good film, and a better cheese board. You won't be disappointed.
- Back Door wines are top-notch wines sold off by prestigious wineries for rock-bottom prices in exchange for complete secrecy. So we can’t tell you which vineyard this is from, but we can tell you it sits on some of the most prestigious (and expensive) terroir in South Africa - nestled right between Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
- Your reigning Winemaker of the Year, Johan Kruger, drives past the vineyard every day, and let’s just say he has friends in high places. He managed to convince a mate there to let him have a few bottles of this premium wine for a knock down price, so he could pass it on to Angels.
- The vineyard is famous for producing world class reds and this one is no different - smooth, spicy and delightfully easy to drink. It’s pure pleasure in a bottle and we can’t thank Johan enough.
- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's well and truly outdone himself with this organic beauty... packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits, with a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab a lovely joint of pork, slow roast it so the crackling goes nice and crispy, a bit of stuffing, and several bottles of this.