From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
- From the mountains of the Southern Rhône comes this sumptuous big red blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre.
- Light, powerful and brimming with lush aromas of red fruits, Denis describes it as exactly what a Cru Cairanne should be; an Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove. (We’re not gonna lie, we are probably going to nab that phrase from him).
- 2017 was a fantastic vintage and, with his Chene Noir and Reserve Red going down an absolute storm amongst Angels, there’s no doubt in our mind this will be his hat trick!
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - so this sensational wine is exclusive to you!
- BIG, full bodied and very concentrated. Tastes amazing now. But it'll be even more delicious if you can hold onto it for a few months (if you can resist it for that long).
- This is the flagship wine from one of our best-loved winemakers. But Katie only makes it in tiny quantities - so it won't be around for long.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Secret family techniques bring structure and some serious punch to this rich and smooth little number.
It’s bursting at the seams with dark berries and delicate floral notes, and it’s excellent length means your enjoyment of this wine will go on. And on. And on.
Be warned though, there’s not a lot going around. It’s an increasingly popular appellation so pick up this treasure now because, as Frederic says, ‘‘later’ will be too late!’
- Virgile Joly is manic about organic - seriously. But unlike many of his fellow hippies, he's also obsessed with making sure the wine tastes great, as well as loving the earth.
- A mixture of Grenache and Shiraz, it's bursting with joyful ripe red fruits, with the smooooothest of finishes. It's just oh-so-drinkable.
- Grab a big leg or shoulder of lamb, slow-cook it so it melts off the bone, lashings of mint sauce, and several bottles of this.
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to leave my local Cooperative and start making my own wine from my own vineyards. My family have been in the Cooperative since it started in 1913 (my grandpa planted the vineyards) so this is the beginning of a new adventure for me and my family.
- The vineyards are in the small village of Tuchan on the Languedoc Roussillon border, surrounded by the natural countryside of wild herbs. The greedy wild boar munch their way through a fair amount of my grapes, and the low yields give a more concentrated style of wine. Your support gives me more time to work in the vineyard to produce a top quality wine for you without the stress of knowing where I am going to sell it.
- My Corbieres is made from Carignan, Grenache and Syrah from vineyards that I have owned and worked since I was 16. Some of the vineyards I planted myself too! This is a big, full bodied, intense Corbières. It is a dry wine with spice and red fruits. There is no oak ageing, so it is packed with lovely red fruits with a touch of spice and herby flavours.
Jean Marc, Winemaker
- There’s a little village in the Languedoc called Saint Saturnin. You’ve probably never heard of it, but it has just been awarded Grand Cru status. For those in the know, that’s a huuuge deal.
- And guess what? The local winegrowers just elected our Virgile as President of the Saint Saturnin appellation! It’s the ultimate accolade for a winemaker.
- Only the best Syrah, Grenache and Carignan grapes from old vines made it into Virgile’s L’étoile Saint Saturnin. Intensely rich and satisfying, with oodles of dark fruits and wild Mediterranean herbs to give layers of flavour and complexity. It’s classy, it’s sophisticated, a real red lover’s dream.
- Most winemakers can only dream of making wines on the Plan de Dieu - with your backing Virgile got his hands on some space and took some time out to make you this exceptional Cotes du Rhone. More jammy fruits than you can shake a stick at.
- This was a project Virgile asked us to be involved in - and you lovely lot jumped at the chance to help. Boy are we glad you did!
- Grab yourself a glass and reap the rewards of Angel funding! If you love it, keep your opinions coming and we'll make sure you're not disappointed next year.
- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's well and truly outdone himself with this organic beauty... packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits, with a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab a lovely joint of pork, slow roast it so the crackling goes nice and crispy, a bit of stuffing, and several bottles of this.
- Henri's Minervois beat off competition from 240 French wines to win our first Zero to Hero winemaker competition.
- This delicious Syrah/Grenache blend is bursting with Mediterranean sunshine and expensive French oak.
- We've snapped up whatever's left of it (not much), so get yours now before it's gone for good.