Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
- From the talent who made Solaia and Tignanello - two of the most iconic (and eye-wateringly expensive) wines to ever come out of Italy.
- Stefano managed to nab a parcel of top notch Montepulciano grapes and has crafted an intense and velvety wine exclusively for Angels.
- Full to the brim with bright red fruit and rich dark chocolate, it’s the perfect wine to crack open with a tummy warming gamey stew.
- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
Our flying winemaker Dom's favourite place to make wine is Puglia... and we can see why. This Primitivo is brimming with Italian sunshine.
His powerhouse of a red still packs a punch whilst retaining a velvety Italian elegance. It's gorgeously deep and dark and decadent, and so smooth it'll slip down far too quickly.
Thanks to Angel funding, it's a complete bargain. So you can afford to splash out on a big fat juicy steak to eat alongside it.
- Whilst visiting my Terra Calda old vine Primitivo vineyards last year, I stumbled across these extra-special old Nero di Troia and Negroamaro vines. I've always loved the varieties from this region, and so I tried something I don't think the Italians have tried before - creating a seriously-special, unique blend.
- Working as a team with Naked Wines has given me flexibility and confidence in experimenting with these tiny vineyards, nestled deep South of Puglia. The result is a wine that's intensely deep in colour with elegant aromas of violet, dark chocolate, mocha and spice.
- The floral notes follow on to the palate, with dark cherries, blackberries and creamy vanilla notes, with a long lingering finish and firm, but balanced tannins. Still a baby, that will reward those who wait, but given several hours decanted, it opens up well already.
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
- This wine is part of the so-called "Baby Super Tuscan" movement, a new generation of modern, generous and easy to drink wines...
- Tuscany is home to some of the best Syrah and Merlot grapes, and I'm excited to finally share them with Angels. A touch of Italy's signature Sangiovese adds extra complexity.
- Thanks to your support I selected the best vineyard for these grapes, and tended the vineyard in right way to bring out all of the delicious characteristics. The result is a wonderfully full bodied wine with grand fruit aromas and a spiced note at the end.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- After the success of my Amarone, I wanted to show Angels the Ripasso style of wine that has been made in my area for generations.
- The grapes for my Fattori Valpolicella Ripasso come from the 12 hectars of vineyard located in Bastia, between Val d'Alpone and Val d'Illasi and are hand picked during the last two weeks of September. We then use the traditional Ripasso method to re-macerate the Valpolicella wine from the pomace from the dried Amarone grapes, before ageing in 500/1000 litre oak barrels for 18 months.
- My wine is a ruby red colour, with soft woodland fruits, light spicy hints and with soft and balanced tannin. It's a wine that is more accessible than my Amarone, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My flagship Amarone is the perfect combination of power and complexity. And thanks to Angel funding, you get it for a very good price indeed.
- My intense ruby red Amarone is bursting with aromas of black cherry, blueberry and vanilla. Every inch of the bottle is packed with intense cherry and raspberry fruit. Complex and decadent with a refined finish - it's the perfect red for a special occasion.
- The best reward for me is the recognition of my efforts and quality by the people enjoying my wines. So here's to you Angels! I can't wait to hear what you think.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- You've been crying out for a big, unabashed Barolo for as long as we can remember. And here it is, thanks to the supremely talented Gianfranco and Serena - all the way from the picture-perfect vineyards of Piedmont. This is the REAL top shelf stuff that Italians don't want to give away.
- Known as "the wine of Kings and the King of wines" - this deep, dark and brooding Barolo certainly lives up to its name. Full of deliciously ripe, ruby red fruit flavour, with layer upon layer of caramel-tinged oak and complexity.
- It's no secret that Barolo would normally see you handing over lotsa dosh. But thanks to your funding - you'll only pay for what this wine is worth, and not a penny more. Grab yourself a bottle and go all out with a rich and creamy mushroom risotto, finished with a drizzle of truffle oil. Go on, you deserve it...
- The origins of the Barbera grape are nestled in Matteo’s home region of Piedmont and he is so happy to bring you this little drop of Italy. His vineyard is totally organic so the grapes are left to their own devices to produce a wine that is a true reflection of the land.
- Ruby red in colour and bursting with scrumptious cherries and violets, there’s also some warm spicy notes here and a luscious lick of vanilla to round things off.
- It's drinking exceptionally well right now so feel free to tuck in straight away. For the more patient amongst you though this one will keep for the next 10 years so by all means squirrel it away for a rainy day!