- This wine gives Sam the opportunity to incorporate new technologies and techniques in his winemaking to showcase wines from around the state of Victoria.
- The fruit for this wine was from the Gentle Annie vineyard, which Sam has been working with for over 20 years. This wine is full bodied and well balanced with luscious fruit flavours, think red fruits, blackcurrant, black pepper and spicy note from oak... deee-lish!
- Intense flavours, full bodied but a bit more restrained than your standard Aussie Shiraz... this is superbly stylish and beautifully balanced, you'll love it!
- Charles Simpson's specialty is taking well known grape varieties in the Languedoc, and giving them a little bit of a twist.
- So when the locals said you can't make Blanc de Blancs, he went out to prove them wrong.
- Expensive tasting, Champagne style at Languedoc prices - it's the perfect sparkler for the party season!
- When Scott Feldtmann (who looks after the Gentle Annie vineyard) offered me some pristine fruit from his own vineyard, Major Plains, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to pass up! The vineyard is dry grown and produces a very small crop of intensely coloured and concentrated fruits.
- To show at its best, high end red wine needs new oak barrels, and these are expensive. Bond funding helped me to buy the best oak which lets this wine sing. Truth is, I wouldn’t be making this wine without the fantastic support of Bondholders!
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. It has a great intensity of flavour - rich and powerful with great length. There is also a velvetiness to it, which makes it attractive to drink rather than just being all about power. I hope you’ll be blown away by it!
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
- 2016 was quite a year for Johan Kruger. First he gave up his safe Stellenbosch job to go it alone and make his award-winning kit for Naked. Then, when Angels got a taste of his stupidly delicious wines, you nominated him for Winemaker of the Year!
Johan heard he’d been nominated on his son Matteo’s birthday. He felt honoured, and humbled, and determined to pay back the amazing Angels who voted for him, by making a truly spectacular wine. Funding allowed him to get his hands on some truly top-notch fruit and reserve juice and they came together perfectly...
This is a complex wine with dense flavours. Shiraz, Pinotage and Cab Sauv give it a lovely backbone of dark, brooding fruit and peppery complexity, while a splash of Merlot softens the finish to silky-smooth.
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plump and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels (Shiraz, Muscat, Merlot and a batch of super-charged vine-dried Shiraz), blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
- Bruwer is a self confessed Cab Franc freak. He loves making delicious wine with it and this blend is a masterful example of how to do it right.
- The Cab Franc brings out beautiful red cherry and red plum flavours while the Malbec adds brooding bramble flavours with a spicy hit from the Pinotage, all wrapped up with delicious herbaceous aromas of rosemary.
- The fruit from this blend comes from the ultra premium wine growing regions in Stellenbosch and you would normally have to pay an arm and a leg to get this quality but Bruwer got it all for a steal.
- We set Mauricio the challenge to make a new Argentinian white with bags of oomph and personality. This easy-drinking quaffer delivers exactly what we’d hoped for, and more.
- It’s refreshing and citrusy, with floral and peachy notes that really lift the flavour. Each sip seems to reveal something new. The intense colour and long finish make it a really satisfying drop.
- Thanks to a special new harvester provided by Angel funding, Mauricio’s grapes avoided freak frosts that destroyed many harvests. Turning 2018 into one of the best Argentinian vintages in years.
- This is quite possibly the tastiest Rioja you'll ever find. Why? Because Carlos is in the unique position of being able to buy the best grapes the region has to offer.
- What you probably don't know is, to make Rioja Reserva only the very last squeeze of juice is used. The result is 100% flavour.
- Rich, smooth and creamy. Drinking this is like putting on a set of silk pyjamas.
Last year Mauricio Lorca had a close call when freak late frosts decimated many vineyards in Mendoza. Thanks to Angel funding he was able to rescue his Tannat grapes in pristine condition before the frosts hit.
For the few who managed to avoid disaster, 2018 produced one of the best Argentine vintages in recent times. A Tannat as powerful and perfumed as this one won’t come around too often.
This is a big, powerful red, full of ripe dark fruit. Lush to drink, its spicy and savoury flavours and herbal aromas are a feast for the senses. If you love huge satisfying reds, this one’s got your name on it.