- This wine gives Sam the opportunity to incorporate new technologies and techniques in his winemaking to showcase wines from around the state of Victoria.
- The fruit for this wine was from the Gentle Annie vineyard, which Sam has been working with for over 20 years. This wine is full bodied and well balanced with luscious fruit flavours, think red fruits, blackcurrant, black pepper and spicy note from oak... deee-lish!
- Intense flavours, full bodied but a bit more restrained than your standard Aussie Shiraz... this is superbly stylish and beautifully balanced, you'll love it!
- When Naked asked us if we could create a ‘Sparkling Shiraz’, we were delighted to rise to the challenge. Although it had to be a ‘Sparkling Syrah’ as its roots are firmly in France!
- We picked the grapes early so that the wine would be deliciously soft and fruity with a fabulous deep opaque colour. It's just bursting with delicious fresh red fruits.
- This is an extremely exclusive small batch production and possibly one of a kind, we know of no other southern French Sparkling Syrah. So if you're intrigued by the sound of a sparkling red, now's your time to grab a taste!
Charles & Ruth, Winemakers
- Charles Simpson's specialty is taking well known grape varieties in the Languedoc, and giving them a little bit of a twist.
- So when the locals said you can't make Blanc de Blancs, he went out to prove them wrong.
- Expensive tasting, Champagne style at Languedoc prices - it's the perfect sparkler for the party season!
- When Scott Feldtmann (who looks after the Gentle Annie vineyard) offered me some pristine fruit from his own vineyard, Major Plains, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to pass up! The vineyard is dry grown and produces a very small crop of intensely coloured and concentrated fruits.
- To show at its best, high end red wine needs new oak barrels, and these are expensive. Bond funding helped me to buy the best oak which lets this wine sing. Truth is, I wouldn’t be making this wine without the fantastic support of Bondholders!
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. It has a great intensity of flavour - rich and powerful with great length. There is also a velvetiness to it, which makes it attractive to drink rather than just being all about power. I hope you’ll be blown away by it!
- 2016 was quite a year for Johan Kruger. First he gave up his safe Stellenbosch job to go it alone and make his award-winning kit for Naked. Then, when Angels got a taste of his stupidly delicious wines, you nominated him for Winemaker of the Year!
Johan heard he’d been nominated on his son Matteo’s birthday. He felt honoured, and humbled, and determined to pay back the amazing Angels who voted for him, by making a truly spectacular wine. Funding allowed him to get his hands on some truly top-notch fruit and reserve juice and they came together perfectly...
This is a complex wine with dense flavours. Shiraz, Pinotage and Cab Sauv give it a lovely backbone of dark, brooding fruit and peppery complexity, while a splash of Merlot softens the finish to silky-smooth.
Stellenbosch is the beating heart of the South African wine industry. It has the perfect soils and climate to make some of the best Merlot on the planet.
Lucky for us, Johan’s connections there include some of South Africa’s winemaking top brass. So when a mate of his made a vintage of one of the country’s most sought after Merlots, Johan used all his charm (plus a dollop of Angel funding) to snaffle a parcel up for you.
From the first sip it’s velvety soft and silky, like proper Merlot should be. With big warm hugs of red fruit. To really lift the flavour and intensify the lovely rich finish, Johan’s added a cheeky splash of Malbec.
- If you're after a Sauvignon with a little extra 'something' then you owe it to yourself to try this top-class drop.
- Bill and Claudia used old vine, low-yielding fruit to create a richer, more complex version of their normal Sauvignon Blanc, with a creamy texture that hints at a touch of oak, alongside a searing freshness and lovely grapey gooseberry flavour profile that is heaven sent for Marlborough SB fans.
- Named after their son Theodore, we reckon this is their best yet. And we reckon little Theodore will too when he hits 18!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Although it is considered one of the six original red varieties of Bordeaux, it is in Chile where the most vineyards of Carménère are planted. Angels kept asking us to make a 100% Carménère, and we couldn't resist the opportunity. We found the best fruit for the Gran Reserva label, concentrating the rich flavours with oak ageing.
- Naked Wines has supported us, first by trusting in our abilities as winemakers and secondly by providing the money we needed to get our hands on the best grapes and French oak barrels.
- The Carménère is distinguished by a deep purplish-red color, with expressive flavors of black cherries, plums, raspberries, blackberries and ripe red pepper, spicy aromas combine well with those of chocolate and tobacco. It can be aged for 7 to 8 years, if you can wait that long!
- Here it is. The new vintage of Charles and Ruth's sparkling rose... and it's an absolute beauty. Pale pink bubbles with serious finesse, super-crisp and bursting with fresh strawberries... with a dollop of whipped cream to finish.
- These delicate pink bubbles of mouth-watering happiness are exclusive to you - and it's all thanks to your Angel funding.
- Posh looking, posh tasting, Rose Champagne style at Languedoc prices - you're on to a winner.
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plump and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.