Gnarly, 65-year-old Grenache vines produced the stunning fruit that went into this, the Simpsons’ latest triumph of a wine.
- Hand-picked and sorted, then matured for 6 months in the highest quality French oak barrels they could get their hands on. It boasts a fabulous structure, long finish and simply oozes class.
- With juicy red fruits galore, a luscious lick of vanilla and sprinkling of white pepper, Charles and Ruth have really delivered something special here so be sure to snap it up quick smart.
- This prestigious Bordeaux is sourced from some of the best Grand Cru vineyards of St Emilion, and finished by winemaking wizard Jonathan Maltus.
- Concentrated yet elegant, generous but silky soft, and as proudly plush as they come, thanks to ageing in no expense spared French Oak barrels.
- This is the seeeriously good stuff that you won't want to share. We suggest grabbing yourself a bottle and booking yourself an evening with a good film, and a better cheese board. You won't be disappointed.
The grapes for this wine come from vineyards that I have been growing for a very long time. I do everything by hand – pruning, working the soil and harvesting to create a beautiful environment for our vines to grow.
It’s a delicious blend of Grenache and Syrah with some Carignan and Cinsault. It’s very fruity, with juicy cherries, red fruits and blackberries and Mediterranean spices with a silky finish.
This was the last vintage of Le Joly Rouge that we made in our old winery - the next one will be made in our brand new winery - all thanks to you! By buying this wine you have helped me to empty my tanks for moving to my new winery - I really appreciate the support.