Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- Macon Uchizy is one of the lesser known whites from Burgundy, but that's good news, because it means it doesn't cost as much as some of its pricier bedfellows from the region and therefore delivers great value.
- If you are a Chablis lover then this is one for you. It's a bone dry Chardonnay with a lovely minerality and a nice zing to the finish.
- It's a great partner for shellfish, but equally brilliant with more meaty fish dishes, such as monkfish or tuna.
- Burgundy has always been one of my favourite regions to work in. My Saint Veran and Pouilly Fuisse are both from the region, and I have always dreamed of making a Macon Villages.
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to secure some old Chardonnay vines on the slopes of Macon that were perfect for a traditional style white, with no oak influence, that really shows what this appellation can do.
- My Macon Villages is a lighter, refreshing style, with a fresh citrus aroma, clean acidity and a creamy finish.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The masterpiece of the Alsace wines, Gewürztraminer is my favourite grape to work with.
- My Gewürztraminer has a fantastic floral nose... take a sip and you'll be met with deliciously concentrated pear and peach fruits, with a mellow spicy aromatic finish.
- A lot of wine can't stand up to spicy food, but my Gewürztraminer is perfect with spicy Asian cuisine. Try it with a Thai curry - you won't be disappointed.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Benjamin's family has made famous French Chardonnay for centuries. Thanks to you, he's able to keep this tradition alive, and make wine under his own name.
- Made mostly without oak to get the fullest flavors from these special French grapes, Ben says "Angels will be surprised by the fineness and elegance of our Chablis." With its deep, intense aromas and mouthwatering brightness, Ben adds, "Elegance and purity are the true words to describe our Chablis."
- This is true French Chablis– from its gorgeous pale gold color right down to its savory, elegant minerality. Due to recent extreme weather, area wines like this are becoming increasingly more rare– treasure it with a plate of fresh oysters while you can.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My Premier Cru Mont de Milieu Chablis is from 25 year old, South-facing vineyards. The grapes are grown on limestone soils where we carefully prune the vines to ensure that the yields and terroir effect are optimised.
- Thanks to Naked Wines funding, we were able to buy the new oak barrels and gain access to the high quality grapes that I've used to create this wine for the Angels.
- This Chablis is a remarkable combination of refreshment and longevity, with delicate floral notes, a dense, round feel and exceptional minerality. It's a rich and powerful wine that is delicious now, however it will develop further in bottle for more than a decade if stored correctly.