WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill and Claudia used your Angel pennies to get their hands on the grapes from some of the very best Sauvignon vineyards in New Zealand... to make a wine that will please even the pickiest of Sauvignon lovers.
- From the first sip, it's an explosion of luscious Marlborough fruit flavour. Fresh grapefruit, zingy gooseberries and juicy, mouth watering pear drops all fuse together to make an exceptional tropical tipple.
- Named after their daughter Sylvia - Sauvignon doesn't get more special than this. Previous vintages won medals galore, and we think that this one is even better... all thanks to Angel funding!
- We didn't think Joost could actually make a better Sancerre, but he has surpassed himself - and thanks to Angel funding and sharp buying of grapes by Joost, it's still a steal.
- This is crisp with a capital C and has a tightly packed bundle of explosive gooseberry fruit waiting to go off in the mouth that is offset by a really lovely minerality and an uber long finish. Just so, so drinkable.
- You can't waste a serious Sancerre like this. Splash out on some lobster or a big bowl of mussels to make the most of it.
- Meet Nicky and Peter... Nicky is the winemaker and Peter is the grower. They are father and daughter, and combined have 49 years experience in the wine industry.
- When this father-daughter winemaking duo asked if Angels would like a small-production New Zealand Pinot Gris, we couldn't say yes fast enough.
- Harvested from the up-and-coming Waipara region, this crisp white is fresh and full of personality. The cool and dry weather allows the fruit to ripen gradually and slowly resulting in a lively, aromatic wine with notes of apples, pears and Turkish Delight...lush!
- Sancerre is the ultimate in Sauvignon Blanc. With Roblin Sancerre you get a big mouthful of wine that has the hallmark zest and minerality for which the Sancerre appellation is famous for.
- We take great care of the soil around each vine to ensure that the grapes reach their peak of ripeness. The fruit is handled as little as possible so that it expresses all of the vivid aromatic characteristics of Sancerre.
- Crisp, concentrated and textured, our Sancerre is the perfect match for fresh, delicious seafood, or gooey goats cheese. It also goes surprisingly well with flavoursome Asian dishes.
Matthias and Emile, Winemakers
- The talented Peter Klein is currently crafting some of the best wines to come out of Germany. You'll be pleased to hear that this delightful Muskateller is definitely no exception - light, fresh and a lunchtime blues-beating 10% ABV. What more could you want?
- You like your wines to be full of flavour... but not too sweet. It's that elusive 'right kind of off-dry' that Peter has skilfully bottled by the barrel-load for you. Full of scrumptiously exotic lychee and juicy ripe pear, all balanced with a lift of lemon and a mouth-wateringly fragrant finish.
- Thanks to your Angel funding, you're getting a world-class wine for a steal. Snap up a bottle (or two) and try it with some succulent smoked salmon. It's wonderful for washing down that cheeky slice of cake, too...
- From some of the oldest vines in Santa Barbara County comes Rick’s deliciously crisp and fruity drop...
- He's been a winemaker in California for many years and knows the land like the back of his hand so you can bet only the best grapes have gone into this beautiful blend.
- Packed full of mouth-watering lemon, pear and ripe peach flavours and boasting a long, lingering finish - everything points to it becoming a firm favourite from across the pond!
- The white wines of this area are greatly underrated. So when your continued support enabled me to purchase a couple of vineyards of Grenache Gris (which is pretty rare) and Grenache Blanc in my village of Tuchan... I jumped straight in!
- The vines are over 80 years old and I had had my eye on them for a while. Most white vineyards have been ripped up down here as it is predominantly a red wine producing area so I was pretty lucky to get in there before the digger did!
- The result is a wine that is elegantly fruity but not overpowering - it is subtle and sophisticated with a great freshness and should be drunk just below room temperature to allow the full flavours to develop. I hope you enjoy it!
Passerina is an almost forgotten grape in Italy; left behind in the rush for high yielding varieties but there was a parcel from the older vineyards on Riccardo’s estate and, thanks to Angel funding, he was able to give it a chance.
- He’s the man behind the rich and juicy, 93% rated Sottovento Montepulciano; a wine chosen by hundreds of Angels in a blind tasting, so you can be sure his nous for good wine is spot on.
- Mouth-wateringly refreshing and chock-full of crisp, delicate fruits, as Riccardo says, ‘although it really can be drunk throughout the year, the summer is definitely THE time to drink it’. No need to tell us twice, Riccardo!