- We gave Mike a big budget to make the wine of his dreams. And as it turns out, it only takes a little bit more in cost, to get a WHOLE LOT more in taste.
- Mike picked seriously top-notch grapes from an elevated single vineyard site (for maximum finesse and flavour), aged the wine on its lees for 12 months (for extra richness and complexity), and released it when it tastes seriously spectacular. Which is um... right now!
- Think luscious exotic fruits, zingy lime, and a BIG dollop of Kiwi sunshine – it’s pure luxury in a glass.
- Joost’s winery has won a rep among wine critics for producing some of the finest sauce in the Sauvignon Blanc universe. And Sauvignon doesn’t come any lusher than Pouilly Fumé.
- Think pure, vibrant, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle. Then give it an OBE. Joost's Pouilly Fumé is crisp, complex and posh enough to be served with a trumpet fanfare.
- It tastes great on its own, even better with pan-fried scallops or steamy pasta. Or simply rip open a freshly baked French stick and go totally bonkers with the Brie.
- Sancerre is the ultimate in Sauvignon Blanc. With Roblin Sancerre you get a big mouthful of wine that has the hallmark zest and minerality for which the Sancerre appellation is famous for.
- We take great care of the soil around each vine to ensure that the grapes reach their peak of ripeness. The fruit is handled as little as possible so that it expresses all of the vivid aromatic characteristics of Sancerre.
- Crisp, concentrated and textured, our Sancerre is the perfect match for fresh, delicious seafood, or gooey goats cheese. It also goes surprisingly well with flavoursome Asian dishes.
Matthias and Emile, Winemakers
- We didn't think Joost could actually make a better Sancerre, but he has surpassed himself - and thanks to Angel funding and sharp buying of grapes by Joost, it's still a steal.
- This is crisp with a capital C and has a tightly packed bundle of explosive gooseberry fruit waiting to go off in the mouth that is offset by a really lovely minerality and an uber long finish. Just so, so drinkable.
- You can't waste a serious Sancerre like this. Splash out on some lobster or a big bowl of mussels to make the most of it.
- The white wines of this area are greatly underrated. So when your continued support enabled me to purchase a couple of vineyards of Grenache Gris (which is pretty rare) and Grenache Blanc in my village of Tuchan... I jumped straight in!
- The vines are over 80 years old and I had had my eye on them for a while. Most white vineyards have been ripped up down here as it is predominantly a red wine producing area so I was pretty lucky to get in there before the digger did!
- The result is a wine that is elegantly fruity but not overpowering - it is subtle and sophisticated with a great freshness and should be drunk just below room temperature to allow the full flavours to develop. I hope you enjoy it!