- Never ones to shy away from a challenge, Charles and Ruth grabbed the opportunity to make their first still English red when ‘the vintage of the century’ swept through Old Blighty’s vineyards last year.
- The grapes were hand picked then carefully hand sorted to make sure only the best made it into the bottle, the result is a silky smooth Pinot Noir that’s bursting with dark fruit flavours and a luscious lick of spice. Think red Burgundy without the hefty price-tag.
- Charles and Ruth cannot thank you enough for supporting not only them, but also the ever-growing English wine industry. So cheers to you, Angels for making dreams come true!
- My aim when I made this wine was to create a unique experience from vines grown on decomposed granite soils in the Polkadraai ward of Stellenbosch. I've only made 3,000 bottles and every single one has been exclusively produced for Naked Wines as a thank you for your support.
- The grapes were hand sorted three times, crushed then left to soak on the skins for five days, and then aged for 14 months in french oak after fermentation completed. I wanted everything to be as natural as possible, so I've neither fined nor filtered my Silver Hope Cabernet Franc.
- This wine is elegant, with a delicious plum and dark berry fruitiness, and a cinnamon spice and a hint of minerality that makes it extremely moreish.
Bruwer Raats, Winemaker
- Pinot Noir is my favourite red grape. 15 years ago I visited Burgundy during vintage and worked with growers and winemakers - since then I have returned every year to the region.
- It was a real surprise when I finally made my first Pinot Noir here in the Pfalz. I could not believe the quality and style it was possible to make in this region.
- Through Naked Wines I had the opportunity to work with the grower to help him manage the vineyard and harvest the grapes for this special wine. The result is a Pinot Noir with intense aromas of ripe forest berries and raspberry leaf. It has great balance with good texture and a persistent finish.
- If you like the super-clean fruit of a New World Pinot, and the rustic charm of an Old World one, then this bottle has your name on it
- Archangels picked this wine over Pinots 2-3 times its price in a blind tasting at Naked HQ, so we knew we were onto a winner.
- This one needs a bit of breathing time after opening, but your patience will be richly rewarded when you get to experience the incredible depth and fruitiness of this wine come to life. It’s a perfect choice for a night in front of the fire so snuggle up and enjoy!
- Caroline learned her Syrah-thing from a stint at the legendary Rhone producer, Domaine Jean-Louis Chave
- This is small-batch, single-vineyard, hands-on winemaking from one of the Yarra's hottest talents. Angel funding has made the price a lot lower than it should be
- Top wine critics like Tim Atkin, Andrew Jefford and Fiona Beckett have all declared their love for Caroline's wines. Maybe it's time you should too
- After years under the thumb of corporate wineries Connie managed to break free and, thanks to Angel funding, something rather special has been happening in recent years; growers are now coming to her with their grapes instead of going to the giant wineries that dominate the Chilean wine industry.
- Maule Valley is one of the prime wine areas in Chile for growing top-notch red grapes and, for her first GSM blend, Connie knew old vines would be the best for the job. She harvested day by day to make sure each grape was at its optimum ripeness and then left the wine in plush French oak barrels for a year.
- The result? A rich, fruity red that’s beautifully balanced and boasts a lusciously long finish. Without your support this wine would never have happened so give yourselves a big pat on the back for being a huge part of Connie's success.
- The almost forgotten wine region of Ribera Sacra in North-West Spain is where Carlos set his sights on for this his next, and if we may add, monumental, challenge.
It’s a hands on affair, where colossal amounts of dedication and commitment are required to overcome the challenges of growing organically here. Is it really worth all the effort we hear you ask? Hell yeah!
This is an unctuously smooth wine that had Ray, our Wine Nut, waxing lyrical about it’s silky tannins and delicious flavours of both red and blackcurrants. It’s unashamedly Old World in style and, if you can resist the temptation to drink it now, a perfect bottle to be laid down for a good few years.
- Santa Rita Hills aka ‘the Napa Valley of the South’ is famous for its gorgeous cool climate wines that sell for seriously big bucks so Matt knew exactly where to take his Angel funding to make a lip-smackingly good Pinot Noir.
The grapes were carefully hand harvested early in the morning so they kept their freshness and then spent 10 months in French oak barrels to maximise all the delicious flavours. This is a fan-favourite with US Angels and it’s not hard to see why...silky smooth and full of flavour and a more powerful Pinot than you may expect.
At just £18.99 for a bottle, this wine, from one of California’s most highly regarded and expensive appellations, is yours for a total steal so make sure you snap up your stash today.
- Richard spent years making fine wines for the most prestigious winery in South Africa. Now with a sprinkle of Angel funding, he's bringing all of his passion, experience and know-how to your glass.
- An elegant and refined Syrah with a graceful touch. Bursting with fresh and vibrant dark fruits... with a splice of ground white pepper to give it that spicy kick Syrah is famous for.
- This delectable drop makes the perfect crowning glory on your finest Sunday roast - grab yourself a lovely top-side of beef and watch their jaws drop.
- Burgundy is the home of elegant Pinot Noir and this wine sits on the throne. Traditional shouldn’t translate as boring.... and winemaker Pierre Gilles has made it his mission to prove it!
- Sensual and smooth, with brooding red fruits, this wine is made with a skill and finesse that only a master can achieve.
- This Pinot is an exceptional bargain. Whether you're a first timer or know your stuff - you owe it to yourself to try the best