- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
- Insanely talented Daryl worked at the ultra-prestigious Penfolds for over 8 years, making some of the most collectable wines in Oz. Don't say we never treat you...
- A powerhouse of ripe 'n' ready dark fruit, with oodles of vibrant fresh berries. And the finish...? Boy oh boy! Hints of spice, a luscious lick of oak and a touch of dark chocolate make this wine complex, accessible - and effortlessly delicious.
- Daryl has won Winemaker of the Year over 10 times - and let's not even start on his medal collection. This is your chance to taste something truly spectacular for next to nothing. Get yourself a bottle - while you can - and devour it with Asian style sticky ribs off the barbie.