Last year we asked Angels to choose which red they would like our super-couple Katie and Jean Marc to make next. The votes were so close that we actually ended up giving them the go-ahead to make both and here is Jean Marc’s offering...
- Our King of Carignan and knows exactly how to get the best out of those little grapes so obviously he chose them. Add to that some silky Syrah et voila - you have his smooth, spicy, deliciously juicy blend.
- Whichever one does better will be the style they run with next year so don’t forget to rate and let us know what you think. Katie and Jean Marc are waiting on the edge of their seats..!
- Curious about Katie’s? Try it here!
From the rolling hills of Cauquenes comes this stunning Carignan. It’s a true expression of the area and Edgard couldn’t be happier to bring it over for you to try.
It’s seen 20 months in French oak barrels and is stuffed with a whole host of lip-smacking red fruits like pomegranates and cherries. A light floral touch balances out all that juiciness and gives way to a classic Chilean red that’s sure to impress.
Little known fact: the vineyard is still plowed on horseback each year in Spring. Surely it doesn’t get more charming and evocative than that?!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Franck used his Winemaker of the Year prize fund to create his dream wine - a meticulously crafted gem, from Spain's most prestigious region. And it's exclusive to you!
- This beauty is jam-packed with ripe red fruits, with a loooong lingering finish thanks to an extra year's ageing in the bottle. Magical stuff.
- Savvy customers bought most of the first vintage in advance on Marketplace - be sure to try this gem before it's snatched up.