- Rodolfo is a wonderful winemaker - yep, he has talent coming out of his ears, but he's also a very good listener. This wine is the delicious culmination of your funding, your comments and Rodolfo's know-how - and between you, you've done a fantastic job.
- Every mouthful is brimming with fresh, ripe dark fruits and hints of savoury warming black pepper. Rodolfo has let this wine rest for the optimum time in oak barrels to give it a gorgeously creamy finish - with just a dash of caramel and cedar wood for that extra 'WOW'.
- This wine is complex enough to lay down and enjoy in 10 years' time. But honestly? When a bottle like this adorns your wine rack, you'll be tempted to just get stuck in.
- This is quite possibly the tastiest Rioja you'll ever find. Why? Because Carlos is in the unique position of being able to buy the best grapes the region has to offer.
- What you probably don't know is, to make Rioja Reserva only the very last squeeze of juice is used. The result is 100% flavour.
- Rich, smooth and creamy. Drinking this is like putting on a set of silk pyjamas.
- Rodolfo puts a lot of effort into his winemaking, especially his Gran Reservas. These are effectively his crown jewels, and he protects, nurtures and lavishes them with love.
- In Rioja, they don’t allow any old wine to be called Gran Reserva. Some of the strictest wine rules in the world ensure its consistent quality. Only a select list of grapes can go into it. The grapes have to be high quality, and the wine aged for a minimum period to earn the Gran Reserva classification.
- Rodolfo's top drop has been aged in wood for years, you know it the moment you smell its smoky vanilla nose. But when the wine hits your tongue it's all about the powerful, black cherry and raspberry fruits and the long lingering finish.
Luca’s family called the Priorat home long before the area boomed in popularity in the late 90’s, so when they started making wine in 2014 their years of knowledge of the land was a real help.
- The name is a nod to the Old Mule House (now converted into a lovely guest room in case you were wondering!) where Luca stumbled across a little terrace of Garnacha Negra. The estate is awash with hidden gems like that that Luca is slowly uncovering all thanks to Angels support.
- 2016 was an interesting year in the Priorat, with a fresh summer and even fresher autumn, leading to this vibrant red that’s perfect for Shiraz lovers everywhere. It’s been two years in the making but some things are worth the wait…
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Franck used his Winemaker of the Year prize fund to create his dream wine - a meticulously crafted gem, from Spain's most prestigious region. And it's exclusive to you!
- This beauty is jam-packed with ripe red fruits, with a loooong lingering finish thanks to an extra year's ageing in the bottle. Magical stuff.
- Savvy customers bought most of the first vintage in advance on Marketplace - be sure to try this gem before it's snatched up.