- Whilst visiting my Terra Calda old vine Primitivo vineyards last year, I stumbled across these extra-special old Nero di Troia and Negroamaro vines. I've always loved the varieties from this region, and so I tried something I don't think the Italians have tried before - creating a seriously-special, unique blend.
- Working as a team with Naked Wines has given me flexibility and confidence in experimenting with these tiny vineyards, nestled deep South of Puglia. The result is a wine that's intensely deep in colour with elegant aromas of violet, dark chocolate, mocca and spice.
- The floral notes follow on to the palate, with dark cherries, blackberries and creamy vanilla notes, with a long lingering finish and firm, but balanced tannins. Still a baby, that will reward those who wait, but given several hours decanted, it opens up well already.
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
Following the success of my Terra Calda and Terra Forte, I wanted to make Angels a crisp and elegant white from 4 of my favourite native grapes in Puglia.
Angel funding has given me the confidence to make a wine I am truly proud of, from one of my favourite regions in the world. This wine is fruity, floral and fab!
Orange blossom on the nose with a peaches and cream palate, the floral fruitiness makes it a perfect match for Linguine alle Vongole. Bellissimo! I hope you love it as much as I do.
We’re thrilled to bring you Naked’s first ever Gavi de Gavi. We wanted to show off the very best of our region, Central Piedmont, the home to such a special wine, that you can only find here, and nowhere else.
Known as the ‘Chablis of Italy’, Gavi de Gavi is made from the Cortese grape. It’s fresh, crisp, vibrant, super dry with subtle notes of peach, pear and citrus, and a steely minerality on the finish.
Making wine is our job, but also our greatest passion. Thanks to Angel funding, we’re able to combine our day job as wine consultants, with handcrafting wines like this on our family vineyard. Grazie for believing in us!
Serena Cordero, Winemaker
A few years ago Gian Paolo followed his heart and ventured into the world of wine and he now brings the best of northern Italy right to your doorstep.
- This intense, fragrant red is made from 100% Barbera grapes that were planted on one of Gian Paolo’s south facing slopes, meaning they got to soak up all that glorious Italian sunshine.
Hand harvested and then matured in French oak barrels to give an intense, fragrant and deep red wine. If you like your Amarone’s then this one is a no-brainer.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My flagship Amarone is the perfect combination of power and complexity. And thanks to Angel funding, you get it for a very good price indeed.
- My intense ruby red Amarone is bursting with aromas of black cherry, blueberry and vanilla. Every inch of the bottle is packed with intense cherry and raspberry fruit. Complex and decadent with a refined finish - it's the perfect red for a special occasion.
- The best reward for me is the recognition of my efforts and quality by the people enjoying my wines. So here's to you Angels! I can't wait to hear what you think.
Gian Paolo followed his heart and ventured into the world of wine after years of hard grafting in a different industry and he’s so excited to give Angels a glimpse of his home in the north Italian region of Piemonte.
He used 3 different grape varieties for his Rosso Barbera blend to make sure he bought you a perfectly balanced red that’s rich in colour and brimming with aromas of red berries.
So why should this make its way into your basket? Because it’s a beautiful taste of Italy at a cracking price. What’s more, if Sunday roasts and hearty stews are on the menu, then this one is a must.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The grapes for my Poggio di Guardia come from one of the highest vineyards in Tuscany with 18-year old Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon vines.
- Thanks to your funding we've been able to take extra care to create a Super Tuscan that will rival some of the best wines in the world.
- My Poggio di Guardia is a deep purple-red, with spicy black pepper that opens up towards liquorice, mint and blueberries. It's pure silk and has a taste that will keep you coming back for more!
- If you have the patience to wait then I would leave this wine until the end of 2018. The wine will start to show at its best from this point, and from then onwards it will only improve with age for decades to come!
Stefano di Blasi, Winemaker
- I've spent most of my winemaking career in Tuscany ... but thanks to Naked Angels I’ve been given the opportunity to turn my hand to a spectacular white wine from Veneto.
- It’s very rare that a Tuscan winemaker gets the chance to work in this region. As a thank you for all of your funding and support, I decided to double the size just for you Angels.
- My Bianco Trevenezie is an intensely fresh, fruity and flavoursome white with just the right crispness and length. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
- Super-talented Paolo has bottled his prize Prosecco into shiny 1.5 litre magnums, perfect for when a single bottle just won't cut it.
- Crisper and creamier than Cava, with a less brutal fizz than Champagne, this tongue-tingling tipple should have your back, whatever the occasion.
- It’s full of fruit and delicate refreshing bubbles. Perfect for parties, weddings, Christmas, or just celebrating all year round.