Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- Following the success of my Terra Calda and Terra Forte, I wanted to make Angels a crisp and elegant white from 4 of my favourite native grapes in Puglia.
- Angel funding has given me the confidence to make a wine I am truly proud of, from one of my favourite regions in the world. This wine is fruity, floral and fab!
- Orange blossom on the nose with a peaches and cream palate, the floral fruitiness makes it a perfect match for Linguine alle Vongole. Bellissimo! I hope you love it as much as I do.
- Whilst visiting my Terra Calda old vine Primitivo vineyards last year, I stumbled across these extra-special old Nero di Troia and Negroamaro vines. I've always loved the varieties from this region, and so I tried something I don't think the Italians have tried before - creating a seriously-special, unique blend.
- Working as a team with Naked Wines has given me flexibility and confidence in experimenting with these tiny vineyards, nestled deep South of Puglia. The result is a wine that's intensely deep in colour with elegant aromas of violet, dark chocolate, mocha and spice.
- The floral notes follow on to the palate, with dark cherries, blackberries and creamy vanilla notes, with a long lingering finish and firm, but balanced tannins. Still a baby, that will reward those who wait, but given several hours decanted, it opens up well already.
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
Before we discovered him, Dom spent 20 years making legendary wines for prestigious labels around the world. Now thanks to your funding and his contacts, he’s able to return to those special vineyards to make his own unique wines.
Made from ancient Nero D’Avola vines in Sicily’s volcanic soils. The grapes are hand picked in tiny volumes then aged in plush French oak barrels for over a year.
Dom’s inky deep Terra Nera is bursting with spicy dark fruits, peppery notes and a long, lingering finish. A unique wine, hard to find anywhere.
- Soave is a historic wine that has been made for generations. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to show Angels that Soave made with passion can be truly spectacular.
- The grapes for my Soave are grown in volcanic soil situated 150-200 metres above sea level. The very best grapes are hand picked in the vineyards. The result is a beautiful straw colour wine, with hints of peach, pear, apricot and citrus fruits - elegant, fresh and balanced.
- I recommend you buy two bottles - enjoy one now and let the other age for a couple of years. It will surprise you!
Antonio Fattori, Winemaker
- Paolo is the King of Prosecco and even though our Italian is rusty, we know what "Superiore" means!
- This is the really top shelf fizz that usually doesn't even leave the country, but you can get your hands on it thanks to our special relationship with Paolo.
- Full of crisp apples, fresh pear and zippy citrus, bubbles this tasty don't even require a special occasion. Stick this in the fridge and pop a bottle just because the sun is shining.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Our first ever Gavi de Gavi, first vintage landed back in 2016 and it's been going strong since then! We wanted to show off the very best of our region, Central Piedmont, the home to such a special wine, that you can only find here, and nowhere else.
Known as the ‘Chablis of Italy’, Gavi de Gavi is made from the Cortese grape. It’s fresh, crisp, vibrant, super dry with subtle notes of peach, pear and citrus, and a steely minerality on the finish.
Making wine is our job, but also our greatest passion. Thanks to Angel funding, we’re able to combine our day job as wine consultants, with handcrafting wines like this on our family vineyard. Grazie for believing in us!
Serena Cordero, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- After the success of my Amarone, I wanted to show Angels the Ripasso style of wine that has been made in my area for generations.
- The grapes for my Fattori Valpolicella Ripasso come from the 12 hectars of vineyard located in Bastia, between Val d'Alpone and Val d'Illasi and are hand picked during the last two weeks of September. We then use the traditional Ripasso method to re-macerate the Valpolicella wine from the pomace from the dried Amarone grapes, before ageing in 500/1000 litre oak barrels for 18 months.
- My wine is a ruby red colour, with soft woodland fruits, light spicy hints and with soft and balanced tannin. It's a wine that is more accessible than my Amarone, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My flagship Amarone is the perfect combination of power and complexity. And thanks to Angel funding, you get it for a very good price indeed.
- My intense ruby red Amarone is bursting with aromas of black cherry, blueberry and vanilla. Every inch of the bottle is packed with intense cherry and raspberry fruit. Complex and decadent with a refined finish - it's the perfect red for a special occasion.
- The best reward for me is the recognition of my efforts and quality by the people enjoying my wines. So here's to you Angels! I can't wait to hear what you think.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- You've been crying out for a big, unabashed Barolo for as long as we can remember. And here it is, thanks to the supremely talented Gianfranco and Serena - all the way from the picture-perfect vineyards of Piedmont. This is the REAL top shelf stuff that Italians don't want to give away.
- Known as "the wine of Kings and the King of wines" - this deep, dark and brooding Barolo certainly lives up to its name. Full of deliciously ripe, ruby red fruit flavour, with layer upon layer of caramel-tinged oak and complexity.
- It's no secret that Barolo would normally see you handing over lotsa dosh. But thanks to your funding - you'll only pay for what this wine is worth, and not a penny more. Grab yourself a bottle and go all out with a rich and creamy mushroom risotto, finished with a drizzle of truffle oil. Go on, you deserve it...
- The origins of the Barbera grape are nestled in Matteo’s home region of Piedmont and he is so happy to bring you this little drop of Italy. His vineyard is totally organic so the grapes are left to their own devices to produce a wine that is a true reflection of the land.
- Ruby red in colour and bursting with scrumptious cherries and violets, there’s also some warm spicy notes here and a luscious lick of vanilla to round things off.
- It's drinking exceptionally well right now so feel free to tuck in straight away. For the more patient amongst you though this one will keep for the next 10 years so by all means squirrel it away for a rainy day!