- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plump and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
- When Scott Feldtmann (who looks after the Gentle Annie vineyard) offered me some pristine fruit from his own vineyard, Major Plains, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to pass up! The vineyard is dry grown and produces a very small crop of intensely coloured and concentrated fruits.
- To show at its best, high end red wine needs new oak barrels, and these are expensive. Bond funding helped me to buy the best oak which lets this wine sing. Truth is, I wouldn’t be making this wine without the fantastic support of Bondholders!
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. It has a great intensity of flavour - rich and powerful with great length. There is also a velvetiness to it, which makes it attractive to drink rather than just being all about power. I hope you’ll be blown away by it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We are whipping out the big guns and that starts with this show stopping Top Shelf Cabernet Merlot from Stuart Pym.
- The nose is rich and complex with fresh fruit impacts of lifted red and blue berries, damask plum and hints of cassis. This is all floating with subtle cedary notes from the French Oak.
- A rich lush wine of profound generosity, yet a retained sense of elegance with every sip. Mulberries, plums and blackberries enchant with every sip. The Merlot creates a perfect wine to drink now and combined with the Cabernet Sauvignon packs in tannins making it perfect to lay down for a few years too (if you can resist).
- I first started working in the Yarra Valley over 10 years ago - I've always loved this region for its cooler climate and spectacular beauty. It is has the ideal conditions for producing elegant, balanced, and complex Chardonnay.
- Having the opportunity to make a Chardonnay for Angels in a style that I love to drink, grown by a few premium grape growers that I respect deeply, was an opportunity too good to pass up!
- My Brave Goose Chardonnay is lifted and aromatic, jumping out of the glass with notes of creamy lemon curd, fresh peach and cashew. The palate is both generous and elegant, with layers of complexity from the fruit characters and subtle touch of oak
Nina Stocker, Winemaker
- Sam’s Gentle Annie Cab is the very definition of a fine wine. Opulent, full-bodied, rich and powerful, it’s packed with black fruit and balanced with lovely herbal and spicy notes from the oak.
- It's delicious now. But this wine will be build in refined savoury complexity over time… so if you have a secret hidy hole, it's the sort of wine you could stash for a while and come back to.
- Whatever you do, just don’t open this on a Tuesday night when you’re tired. This wine deserves the best meal, the best company, the best occasion, and it won’t let you down.
The bone dry climate of Central Victoria meant these hardy little grapes were brimming with colour and flavour and Sam knew just what to do to show them at their best.
Deep red in colour with a soft tinge of purple, this beautifully balanced wine boasts a sweet and spicy character from the oak, alongside intense aromas of blackberries and blackcurrants.
As Sam says, ‘it’s a stylish and sophisticated, full-bodied red that also has a delightful freshness to it. Very classy stuff!’ Anyone else suddenly feeling very thirsty?
- I source the fruit for my Diamond Shiraz from the oldest vines I can get my hands on. They're nearly 40 years old and consistently produce concentrated flavours, good colour and a lovely fullness to the wines. I give it all the love and care in the world in the winery, fermenting each parcel of fruit separately before maturing in French and American oak barrels for 15 months.
- Shiraz is my all time favourite variety, and my Diamond range are the pick of the bunch.... so it goes without saying that I give my winemaking all to this wine to make sure it over delivers on flavour and richness - thank you Angels for giving me the freedom to make this for you!
- My Diamond Shiraz 2017 has a beautiful dark purple-red colour, with rich and powerful aromas of dark berries, toasty oak and warming spices. The flavours are equally rich, with round and generous dark fruit, long complex oak characters and a delicious lingering finish.
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker
- The grapes for my Diamond Cabernet Sauvignon come from the very best vineyards in Heathcote, Rutherglen and the King Valley. I make sure each grape receives the Rolls Royce treatment in the winery, where each parcel of fruit is handled separately, before maturing in top quality French oak barrels for 14 months.
- My Diamond Cab Sauv is probably my most popular wine, with last year's vintage selling out in record time. I really appreciate all your support, without Angels, I wouldn't be able to do what I love - making wines for you to enjoy!
- This is a big bold red wine. The colour is dark, deep and brooding. It's so powerful and elegant and full of those lovely Cab fruit characters, but such long, fine tannins on the finish - it has me reaching for another glass, and another!
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker
- I love drinking SGM and adore the challenge of blending these varieties to achieve a balanced, elegant, and perhaps most of all, intriguing wine.
- Angel votes and funding made it possible for me to source some exceptional parcels of Shiraz, Grenache and Mourvèdre from my old stomping ground in McLaren Vale.
- This is a beautifully silky SGM, with both fruit power yet so much elegance and restraint. Bright red fruits weave seamlessly with hints of spice, with a smooth texture that carries over the palate and has a long fresh finish.
Nina Stocker, Winemaker
This is a very special blend to Jen. Made from the best vineyards in Rutherglen and Northern Victoria. Combining intensley fruity Durif with rich and robust Shiraz. All made possible with funding from The Crush vote, and something that she probably won't have the opportuntiy to do again. This is a once in a lifetime wine!
She has pulled out all the stops in the winery for this beauty. Treated gently at first to encourage bright fruit and silky tannins, then given time in posh oak barrels to give plushness depsite it's power.
This wine is so deep, dark and intense that you simply can't see through it!! Buckets of plummy fruit and dark chocolate coupled with ripe berries and warm spice leave you gasping for more.