Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- I've always had a soft spot for a good, not too green in style Sauvignon Blanc. So when I noticed fruit from this very special vineyard in the Robertson Valley was available, I just had to take on the challenge to make this special wine from a cooler climate Sauvignon Blanc grown on limestone soils!
- With Sauvignon Blanc being in high demand and grape prices being quite high for these quality vineyards, your Angel funding helped me secure this amazing parcel of fruit – I hope my payback to you in this wine helps to show my appreciation!
- It’s clean, fresh and sophisticated, with a classic peaches and cream flavour. This is a very elegant Sauvignon Blanc and will pair perfectly with fresh seafood and summer salads.
Johan Kruger, Winemaker
Serena Cordero’s posh Italian whites are much loved by her fans. But she also has great contacts in Moldova from her student days, so she knew the country was an emerging region making quality wines at real value. And when her contacts gave her the chance to go make wines there, she grabbed it.
Serena's ‘Tris’ is an elegant, crisp and aromatic blend of Chardonnay, Riesling and Traminer, with peach and tropical fruit notes, lots of body and a lovely complex mouthfeel.
Since gaining independence from the Soviet Union, Moldova has gone from being one of the poorest countries in the world to a producer of modern, high-quality European-style wines. And thanks to Serena, you’re getting some ahead of the game.
- Gorka is the genius behind some of our top-rated, sell-out red Riojas. A modest guy...with very little to be modest about. After all how many winemakers his age have managed to win 90 points from the world's most influential wine critic, Robert Parker.
- Despite being reknowned for producing some of the world's best reds, Rioja also provides the perfect conditions for fresh, crisp and classy whites thanks to that hot Spanish sunshine.
- Rioja Blanco is the perfect summer sipper, think fruit salad with a delicious apple-y finish. Perfect with a nice seafood pasta al-fresco, yum.
Many years ago I worked in Sicily and fell in love with the remote vineyards and local grape varieties. I’d always dreamed of returning to create a special wine to celebrate this beautiful region.
I wanted to produce an authentic white from Sicily, that for me captured the heart of this beautiful island. Made from the local indigenous grape varieties, my Bianco Terre Siciliane is sunshine in a glass. Clean, fresh and zesty, with some lemon and ripe fruits, with a balanced palate and clean finish.
It’s an honour to be able to return to these special vineyards and grapes, knowing that Angels will back me. Thank you Angels for your support over the years, which has allowed me to return to those vineyards and areas that I love.
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
- I was inspired to make this wine to give Angels a different wine experience. I wanted to break the mould with a high quality wine that combines different Spanish white grapes in a unique and delicious blend.
- The nose has a lovely complex combination of refreshing citrus and grapefruit from the Sauvignon Blanc and Verdejo, combined with ripe peach and melon from the Viura, and orange blossom from a touch of Moscatel.
- It’s soft, smooth and easy-drinking with a refreshing finish. It’s a really vibrant, delicious, complex wine but still very approachable. A real crowd pleaser.
David Tofterup, Winemaker
When we sent out word that Angels wanted more affordable white wines from off the beaten track, we never expected one of our Italian winemakers to pitch up with a cracking Pinot Grigio from Moldova.
Moldova lies at the eastern edge of Europe, bordering the Russian Steppe. Its rolling hillsides of rich black soil overlie ancient fossilised limestone. Bright sunshine combined with keen winds keep the vines healthy and honest. Perfect for making crisp, refreshing whites like this Pinot Grigio.
Serena’s fruity and fresh Pinot Grigio will surprise you with its depth of texture and flavour. It’s full of vibrant, bright citrus, pear and floral notes, and a lingering aftertaste. This is proper ‘happy juice’, a wine to sit in the garden and enjoy.
- Virgile's wines are in high demand and it's easy to see why with wines such as this cracking little Sauvignon that makes New Zealand versions look brash and brutish.
- Its subtle soft fruit flavours, all fresh apple and baked gooseberry with a slightly herbal edge slip down far too easily, making possession of a whole case a dangerous prospect.
- Try it with a big bowl of fat, juicy mussels - it really doesn't get much better.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This little beaut of a Sauv Blanc takes crispness to a new level with its utterly captivating gooseberry notes and zingy, tingly finish.
- Juan the winemaker doesn't believe in wasting money on pointless marketing nonsense. Neither do we, so its a match made in heaven that results in a ridiculously good value white.
- Youth may be wasted on the young, but not on Sauvignon Blanc. The only way to drink this variety when it's from the New World is straight off the boat and straight into the glass.
- Charles is an Englishman in France breaking the rules - so when the locals say you can't make zippy Sauvignon, he went out to prove them wrong.
- In a previous life he worked in pharmaceuticals - now he takes a scientific approach to getting the best from his grapes. While the French are still on holiday in August, Charles is busy in the fields measuring and monitoring to get the best out of his vines.
- Bright and deliciously zippy citrus fruits with bunches of crisp green apples. Grab yourself some fresh shellfish and go nuts.
- Stephen de Wet describes his Chenin as rich and racy, and we'd have to agree! With crisp apple flavours and a wisp of creaminess, it's a sure fire winner.
- A multiple-award winning wine in South Africa. We're confident you won't find a Chenin of this quality for less anywhere else.
- It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out that if nearly 60,000 people said they'd buy it again then there's something good going for it. Something very good