Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
Jorge has been working ten to the dozen rustling up this Valencian beauty - a bright and elegant blend of grapes both native and foreign to the versatile region.
With ripe red berry aromas and lavender and thyme on the nose. Powerful in taste but maintaining a fresh and easy going edge
Someone give Rioja a call, we think it needs to know about the new kid on the block!
- David knows just where to find the richest and juiciest parcels in Spain and he has uncovered this hidden beauty deep in the heart of Cariñena.
- Jam packed with delicious ripe cranberries, red cherries and raspberries, this is one of David’s favourite varieties. It’s bursting with fun and fresh fruit flavours.
- This juicy wine pairs perfectly with a succulent leg of roast lamb, or if you want to want to go off piste then a nicely spicy chicken tandoori will make this wine sing.
Having worked in Sicily many years before, I always wanted to return to these remote vineyards to use the local variety to produce an authentic red from Sicily, that for me captured the heart of this beautiful island.
My Rosso Terre Siciliane is a soft and fruity red, with lovely depth, from local grapes. A deep violet colour, with some floral and red fruits aromas, and a dark fruity palate and long finish. Simple, but interesting, that can be enjoyed on its own or with food, anytime of the day!
Angel funding has given me the freedom to make these different wines, which otherwise would not be possible. Many thanks for your support Angels, without which, this wine would not be possible. Enjoy!
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
- My Rebel Shiraz is made with grapes from 4 different vineyards. The real trick is to wait for the full, ripe flavours to develop in the vineyard. After leaving the grapes to cold soak for a couple of days they're pressed and matured separately before blending into the final balanced wine.
- This wine sure packs a punch for it's price tag!!!! It has sooooo much flavour and depth, you won't believe you can pick this up for the Angel price! It's a wine for lovers of rich and full bodied reds, the flavours are full of ripe plum and berry fruit, with hints of chocolate and spice.
- A full, rich and deliciously smooth wine like this can handle a bit of heat from the kitchen... try it with Piri Piri chicken.
- We're not allowed to tell you the name of the super-famous Spanish region this wine comes from, but if you took a guess, you'd probably be right.
- Spain's best wine regions limit how much wine each vineyard produces (this means vines are selected for quality, not quantity). When there's a bumper crop any extra grapes are declassified and sold at a snip of the price.
- Using Angel funding, Carlos managed to find a premium parcel of Tempranillo for a steal, which makes this wine the ultimate bargain.