Over in Argentina, the Pedro Gimenez grape is a much loved part of their winemaking history and one of its best kept secrets... and Mauricio is thrilled to finally be able to share it with Angels.
Made with that well-known sprinkling of Lorca magic, if you like your crisp, fresh and dangerously quaffable whites then you are in for a treat! Pale in colour, with aromas of green apples and a hint of grapefruit.
What really makes this wine stand out is it's price tag. You're getting a lot of wine for your money - it’s no wonder this is what those in the know are all drinking.
- Bruwer has won every award under the sun - and rather than letting success go to his head, he always keeps some in reserve for his favourite Angels.
- After making his super duper premium flagship wine, he had a few grapes left over and he's sharing them with YOU.
- Wines by such an iconic winemaker shouldn't come this cheap. Fresh as a daisy, drinks best whilst young, which is great because you won't be able to stop yourself from drinking it up right away.
- We tasted 60 Pinot Grigios in a blind tasting, and this little beauty came out on top. So we bought it. Lots of it. Which also means it's ultra affordable for you.
- Taste this crisp and refreshing drop alongside a bland, mass-produced Italian Pinot Grigio and it seems like a different grape entirely. Fantastic with food, but utterly gorgeous all on its lonesome.
- Alessandro makes his Pinot Grigio at a big winery (by Naked standards)... but it's lavished with his personal love and attention from start-to-finish - and it's exclusive to Angels.
Franck Massard spent 7 years as a top Sommelier – serving ultra-expensive wines to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants, so it’s fair to say he knows his stuff.
He put his years of experience to the test and has produced this stunningly refreshing crisp and light white. Bright citrus, soft peaches and delicate floral aromas make this the definition of drinkable.
A perfect thirst quencher, this wine is great on it’s own or paired with something a bit spicy. Dee-lish!
- The Boy (Adrian) met the Girl (Rebecca) and this is the love child... a product of passion, hard work and bags of enthusiasm.
- Deliciously crisp with a fragrant scent of pears and apples and a hint of blush pink from keeping the grape skins in contact with the juice for a few hours... who'da thought that Pinot Grigio grapes are actually red in colour!
- The Aussie Angels keep most of this beauty for themselves so be sure to taste before we run out of our limited allocation.
- Grenache Blanc is rarely made as a single variety wine and is mostly used in blends in well known regions like Chateauneuf du Pape and Cote du Rhone. But this grape is so expressive, I just jumped at the chance to make this.
- I have made this wine from parcels usually reserved for much more expensive wines. Luckily, as I know the grower well, I have managed to secure them for a keen price so that you Angels can benefit from a great value wine.
- Pale lemon colour with gentle scents of dill, Honeydew melon and quince. Fluid and supple in texture this wine is chock-full of ripe green apples, greengage, fenugreek, lemon wedges and dried pears finishing with a light Riesling-like kerosene character. This is a perfect on its own or alternatively a delicious fresh aperitif prior to a meal.
Richard Kershaw, Winemaker
- Carmen is one of the rare winemakers who knows exactly how to coax the best out of South Africa's tricky Chenin Blanc.
- She picks the grapes at different ripeness levels, to give it the perfect balance of flavour and freshness.
- Carmen’s best-selling Chenin has purity written all over it. Crisp and clean, it’s got fresh apple and white peach flavours running alongside a lovely creaminess, with a soft bite to the finish. Just delicious.
- As a Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay fanatic I thought these should be the leading components of the Angels Selection. After many days of blending and looking at possible partners for the Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay I stumbled upon this lovely third C called Colombard, the wine just lifted the already fruity nose into a new dimension.
- Naked helped me fund this amazing and exciting project. If not the case, these wines would have possibly been sold in bulk and this bottle of pleasure would never have been able to reach you. Well done Naked for having a nose to smell out the best.
- The Chardonnay gives this wine depth, a creamy mouthfeel and some exciting minerality, the pineapple and lovely tropical fruit come from the Chenin Blanc and the third C, Colombard just lifts the nose with citrus and a spicy edge on the finish. . . YUMMY!
- Through all the valuable feedback I get online every day from the Angels, I've been asked many times for a typical Portuguese white.
- I finally decided I couldn't wait any longer! Naked Wines supported me from the start by helping me to raise the funds to get the best grapes possible to produce this delicious blend.
- My Branco Reserva has a delicious intense aroma. It’s beautifully well rounded yet fresh and pairs well with roasted salmon or other oily fish. I hope you enjoy it!
- David selects only the finest Macabeo grapes from beautiful high altitude vineyards in the mountains of Cariñena. Cool nights and crisp mornings mean the Macabeo locks in all that zippy freshness.
- Bursting with bright fresh pear, crunchy green apple and zesty lemons, with just a touch of Mediterranean herbs, this wine is perfect for sharing with mates.
- Pour yourself a large glass and wok fry some calamari with crunchy green veg, divine!