Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- I've always had a soft spot for a good, not too green in style Sauvignon Blanc. So when I noticed fruit from this very special vineyard in the Robertson Valley was available, I just had to take on the challenge to make this special wine from a cooler climate Sauvignon Blanc grown on limestone soils!
- With Sauvignon Blanc being in high demand and grape prices being quite high for these quality vineyards, your Angel funding helped me secure this amazing parcel of fruit – I hope my payback to you in this wine helps to show my appreciation!
- It’s clean, fresh and sophisticated, with a classic peaches and cream flavour. This is a very elegant Sauvignon Blanc and will pair perfectly with fresh seafood and summer salads.
Johan Kruger, Winemaker
- Virgile's wines are in high demand and it's easy to see why with wines such as this cracking little Sauvignon that makes New Zealand versions look brash and brutish.
- Its subtle soft fruit flavours, all fresh apple and baked gooseberry with a slightly herbal edge slip down far too easily, making possession of a whole case a dangerous prospect.
- Try it with a big bowl of fat, juicy mussels - it really doesn't get much better.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This little beaut of a Sauv Blanc takes crispness to a new level with its utterly captivating gooseberry notes and zingy, tingly finish.
- Juan the winemaker doesn't believe in wasting money on pointless marketing nonsense. Neither do we, so its a match made in heaven that results in a ridiculously good value white.
- Youth may be wasted on the young, but not on Sauvignon Blanc. The only way to drink this variety when it's from the New World is straight off the boat and straight into the glass.
- Charles is an Englishman in France breaking the rules - so when the locals say you can't make zippy Sauvignon, he went out to prove them wrong.
- In a previous life he worked in pharmaceuticals - now he takes a scientific approach to getting the best from his grapes. While the French are still on holiday in August, Charles is busy in the fields measuring and monitoring to get the best out of his vines.
- Bright and deliciously zippy citrus fruits with bunches of crisp green apples. Grab yourself some fresh shellfish and go nuts.
- If you had to pick one place in the world where Angel funding goes the furthest... it’d be South Africa. It’s a grape-growing paradise, and with a favourable exchange rate, it’s home to some of the best bang-for-buck Sauvignon on the planet.
- Throw super-talented Naked legend Stephen de Wet into the mix and you’d be stretched to find another winemaker in the world making Sauvignon that tastes this good at £6.99 a bottle.
- Expect a mouthful of perfectly crisp apples, with a squeeze of juicy white peaches. It's a total crowd pleaser that deserves to be a permanent fixture in your fridge.