- Carmen is one of the rare winemakers who knows exactly how to coax the best out of South Africa's tricky Chenin Blanc.
- This has purity written all over it. Crisp clean, apple and white peach fruit flavours running alongside a lovely creamy, soft bite to the finish. Just delicious.
- The perfect partner for a lovely fresh piece of cod, or a plateful of creamy mussels.
- Stephen's first Naked Chardonnay is pure summer-in-a-bottle thanks to the golden South African sunshine.
- Think layer-upon-layer of fresh citrus fruit, smooth vanilla and a sublime streak of buttery oak running naked through it. The perfect balance between rich and vibrant.
- And because your Angel funding made Stephen's dreams come true - it's superb value to boot!
- Lots of Angels pay a visit to our tasting room whilst on holiday in South Africa... and they all go crazy for the Pink Panacea.
- Thanks to Angels asking for it in the UK, we managed to get the Angel funding to add it to our Naked range!
- Our delicate coral pink rosé is made from the Grenache grape. Each mouthful is packed with delicious strawberry and raspberry fruit with a refreshingly dry and crisp finish. It's the perfect summertime sipper.
- If there's one place where Angel funding goes the furthest, it's South Africa. Super-talented Stephen de Wet hasn't let us down with his superb Sauvignon.
- Expect a mouthful of perfectly crisp apples, with a squeeze of juicy white peaches. It's a total crowd pleaser - and 90% of over 30,000 Angels agree.
- If you're cracking out the smoked salmon or paying homage to a bit of shellfish, this is your bottle.
- Grenache Blanc is rarely made as a single variety wine and is mostly used in blends in well known regions like Chateauneuf du Pape and Cote du Rhone. But this grape is so expressive, I just jumped at the chance to make this.
- I have made this wine from parcels usually reserved for much more expensive wines. Luckily, as I know the grower well, I have managed to secure them for a keen price so that you Angels can benefit from a great value wine.
- Pale lemon colour with gentle scents of dill, Honeydew melon and quince. Fluid and supple in texture this wine is chock-full of ripe green apples, greengage, fenugreek, lemon wedges and dried pears finishing with a light Riesling-like kerosene character. This is a perfect on its own or alternatively a delicious fresh aperitif prior to a meal.
Richard Kershaw, Winemaker
- Richard has put all of his experience, knowledge and talent together and has smashed out another fresh and vibrant Rose.
- Bursting with juicy strawberries, ripe cherries and the freshest raspberries you've ever tasted, this wine will take back to the hottest days of summer.
- But that doesn't mean this is just a summer sipper. Sit back and enjoy whatever the weather - and it's even better only slightly chilled to let the refined fruit flavours shine through.
- As a Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay fanatic I thought these should be the leading components of the Angels Selection. After many days of blending and looking at possible partners for the Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay I stumbled upon this lovely third C called Colombard, the wine just lifted the already fruity nose into a new dimension.
- Naked helped me fund this amazing and exciting project. If not the case, these wines would have possibly been sold in bulk and this bottle of pleasure would never have been able to reach you. Well done Naked for having a nose to smell out the best.
- The Chardonnay gives this wine depth, a creamy mouthfeel and some exciting minerality, the pineapple and lovely tropical fruit come from the Chenin Blanc and the third C, Colombard just lifts the nose with citrus and a spicy edge on the finish. . . YUMMY!
Widespread drought in 2018 meant Richard had to tackle the challenges of a low yield, but he proved exactly why he’s a Master of Wine by bringing Angels this extraordinary rose.
Made entirely from the Cinsault grape, this is not your everyday glugger. It’s packed with dried fruit flavours of cranberries and redcurrants and has a decidedly savoury feel to it. Whilst it may not be for everyone, the adventurous amongst you may like to give it a go…!
Richard’s reputation meant he was able to secure some top notch parcels for a great price and, like the champ he is, he has passed the savings directly on to Angels.
- Think of Lionel Richie, circa mid-eighties, all decked out in his best plum velvet suit, then add a bit of Barry White on top, and you BEGIN to get close to how smooth and enticing this red is.
- Your first sensation is one of deep rich blueberry that gives way to a mixture of plum and damson, edged with a smokey streak of oak - all of which lasts an age with each mouthful. It's difficult to be too in love with this wine.
- Open the bottle, show a frying pan a steak, briefly, then combine in mouth. Boom!
- Stephen has more Naked ratings than the President of the World Nudist Society, and we can understand why when he takes an unpopular grape like Pinotage and turns it into something very special - and all for relative peanuts thanks to Angel support.
- Dark damson fruits with an edge of prune, and a tinge of black cherry combine with milk chocolate to make this a heavenly tipple.
- Lamb chops, mint sauce, a bottle of this. Bingo...