Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
Ben and Rod have combined two totally different styles of winemaking to make this wine. And the result is just, wow. Technically it’s French, but in the glass, it’s 100% turbo-charged Kiwi Sav, a tropical fruit-bowl of aromas and flavours. But then you get the colder-climate complexity and refinement of the French grapes kicking in, leaving your taste buds wondering what the heck just happened.
When picking and handling the fruit, Ben followed Rod’s instructions to the letter, to preserve a special compound in the grapes that gives Kiwi Sauvignon its famous fruity zing. Then Rod flew all the way to Ben’s place in the Languedoc, where they blended the wine together.
- Fresh and fruity with a delicate zing and swirl of creaminess, Ben's Viognier has everything you'd want from a white wine.
- Naked legend, Ben, sources the grapes from a large cooperative high in the Languedoc hills, so it's very sensibly priced indeed.
- Served perfectly chilled, Ben's zingy, peaches and cream dream will keep you refreshed all year round.
- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2018 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This Sav hailing from Marlborough is a real one-off. After our Angels drunk our New World faves dry during lockdown, we had to get crafty, digging deep into our little black book of wine contacts to see who could hook us up with the next big catch.
- Needless to say, we were not left disappointed! The drought was lifted with the discovery of a handful of very rare (and it goes with out saying, down right delicious!) parcels of grapes, nestled in the heart of New Zealand's wine capital.
- Subtle flavours of fresh gooseberries lift the palate to give you a crisp and easy drinking wine. The brightest of the bright citrus with the lightness of touches makes this the perfect Sunday afternoon aperitif.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The grapes Willie's used to make this wine were bought with Angel money. So, of course, it's only fair you get to buy the end result at a jolly decent price. We like to think of it as a never-ending circle of back scratching.
- We like to think of this as the rather good-looking lovechild of new and old world Sauvignon, with a little something for everybody. Bags of minerality, clean on the palate and fresh as a dew drop covered daisy.
- An intense gooseberry kick in the finish tells you that this is a grown up, top class wine. Try a little midweek sophistication for yourself - at this price, it'd be rude not to.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Seven unique vineyards give rise to this wine. They all grow Alvarinho, but each is situated at a different altitude, has different sun exposure and the soils are different… the sum of all them comes together in this single and unique wine.
- My aim was to create a wine full of character and soul. It reached last year's Ambassador status of "Vinho Verde" – DOC, being voted one of the five best wines of the region, with the "Best Of" status.
- My Alvarinho is a wine full of fruity and floral aromas. It is intense and full of minerality, all this being a result of the unique climate that the Atlantic climatic region offers, combined with ancient vinification techniques that we use.
With the evenings slowly drawing in we’re saying our final hurrah to the sunshine with this easy breezy and effortlessly bright Sav. All aboard for freshly mown lawns and lazy Sunday afternoon vibes.
Versatile, crisp and light as a feather, this is a kiwi classic which is guaranteed to be your best friend if you fancy rustling up a citrusy seafood salad or perhaps a herby smoked salmon pasta (we’re talking ‘treat yourself’ pasta... the kind you can’t pronounce).
Green apple and passion fruit base notes with an oh so refreshing zesty zing in its tail - one not to be missed by sunseekers and those nostalgic for a summer breeze.
We’ve made $5 million available to help struggling wineries to survive and come out the other side of this Covid crisis. The closure of bars and restaurants across the globe has been a disaster for the independent winemakers who supply them. The little guys, without connections to the big supermarkets, are the ones who are suffering the most.
‘Wild’ by name, wildly gluggable by nature. Each grape has rightfully received the red carpet treatment, harvested pre-dawn with all the TLC you could possibly need to make this a full and fresh exemplar of the excellence Marlborough’s valleys have to offer.
An oh so effortless ocean spray of tropical fruits, with a bright and vibrant acidity to round things off with a zing. Try pairing with a seafood linguine and you’re away! It’s palette perfect - a real winner in our book.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We’ve made $5 million available to help struggling wineries to survive and come out the other side of this Covid crisis. The closure of bars and restaurants across the globe has been a disaster for the independent winemakers who supply them. The little guys, without connections to the big supermarkets, are the ones who are suffering the most.
- An exciting example of the Loire Valley doing exactly what it does best - Michel has served us up a cistrus packed Sauvignon Blanc guaranteed to blow away any autumnal cobwebs.
- Crisp, zippy and seriously easy drinking - we're thinking this has strong potential on its own as an apperitif, or to enjoy with all the nibbles your heart desires (an olive or two here, a crusty hunk of bread and olive oil there).