Stephen’s Merlot is absolutely soaked in warm Californian sunshine, it tastes awesome and is great value to boot!
Bursting with ripe and juicy blackberries, dark cherry and jammy plums followed by a dash of vanilla spice, it's the perfect tummy warmer.
Don’t be afraid to crack this wine open on any occasion. With food or without, it's the ultimate everyday drinker.
- I was lucky enough to use Angel funding to select three very special, sustainably grown vineyards, producing amazingly concentrated, inky Zinfandel with a lot of structure.
- I try to use a delicate touch to bring out the best in the fruit and really make the Zinfandel grapes shine in the soils I call home.
- Lavishing this fruit with lots of TLC in the winery, I've created a sumptuous, high-end wine that you can afford to open any day of the week.
- Stephen’s a Naked legend and knows how to make epic wines that deliver big flavour at great value.
- The proof is in this Cabernet. A lush, ripe style from a single vineyard in Lodi for less than you might think. Leave it to breathe and you are rewarded by juicy plum and blueberry flavours, smokey aromas and a dash of vanilla spice.
- This is your everyday drinking red right here. Crack open a bottle, put your feet up and relax after hard day’s work.
The Rhône is one of the world’s most historic wine regions. Finding hidden talent there is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
In the wrong hands Côtes du Rhône can be watery and thin, but Denis’ Le Chene Noir was dark, deep, and bursting with fruit and spice. Made in a small human-scale co-op in the village of Cairanne in Southern France.
Thanks to Denis, the wine co-op now gives work to more than 60 local families, keeping the village afloat and the shops and schools open. It’s a real community effort, and the people are proud of the part they play in the wines.
- I have always loved the Macon Rouge, and I wanted to make a wine from this area in a lighter style of red that would compliment the rest of my range.
- The grapes I've used for my Gamay are hand picked from old vines growing on the slopes. I've used a technique called cold maceration to bring out the flavour of the grapes without extracting too much tannin.
- My Gamay is a modern fruit driven style, with ripe red fruits and aromas, with a certain minerality and light rounded tannins. It's a lighter fresh style of red that really lends itself to cheeses and cold meats.
- This wine is a unique blend from old vines that will show you a different, but real, face of Chile.
- It’s a soft and gentle red that’s full of character and has notes of delicious fruits.
- The wine is easy to drink in a very friendly way, quickly inviting a second glass...or two. I hope you enjoy it Angels!
- The site for my Hawkes Bay Merlot Cabernet Franc has been exposed to a series of geological events in the last few thousand years including river gravel deposits and limestone wash - all adding to the complexity of the wine.
- The Naked model allowed me to get access to this highly prized vineyard and it also cuts out the middle people between vineyard and you. This means ultra-premium quality at great prices!
- I've used a hands-off approach in the cellar, maturing my wine with minimal intervention in fine French oak to create a wine that combines ripe plum, blackberry and dried thyme flavours with rounded fruit tannins. It's my homage to Right Bank Bordeaux such as Pomerol and Saint Emilion.
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
American winemaker Stephen makes some of the New World's most sought after wines. Very unlike the over-done fruit bombs you've come to expect, this modern Shiraz is mega classy.
When we asked Stephen to make us a little side project, he jumped at the chance. He still gets to be his own boss and thanks to Angel funding you get his top-shelf talent at middle-shelf prices.
Ruby red in the glass, this delightful wine is full of mellow dark fruit, spicy black pepper and a smooth taste of smoky oaky warmth
- Luca left the humdrum of corporate winemaking to make exciting wines just like this. He says, if left to nature, vineyards have personalities that shine through in their wines. Soil, location, even the local weather, make each vintage unique.
- With Naked funding behind him, he’ll be able to focus 100% on what he’s best at, making those wines taste as delicious as possible.
- Luca's Cinsault Carinena is juicy and refreshing red with bags of complexity. Lip-smackingly delicious and you keep coming back for more
- Luca is a great guy, everything you’d look for in a winemaker. He wears his heart on his sleeve and his wines are sensational.
- It’s difficult for outliers like Luca to sell their delicious low-yield artisan wines. With Naked funding behind him, he’ll be able to focus 100% on what he’s best at, making those wines taste as delicious as possible.
- Luca's Cinsault is packed with intense, explosive red fruit with a long, satisfying finish. Incredible value at just £8.99 a bottle