- Australia produces some of the most scrumptious Shiraz in the world... so when your golden boy Sam tipped us off about some top-notch grapes, we didn’t think twice about giving him the extra funding to snap 'em up.
- This is as full-flavoured as Shiraz gets. Bags of dark brambly fruit have been supercharged by all that lovely Aussie sun. Sam’s balanced the power-packed fruit with a peppery warmth, a creamy texture and a long jammy finish that just goes on forever.
- Smooth enough to drink on its own - or it’s perfect with a big bowl of spag bol or a bubbling lamb casserole. Yum.
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- Expensive tasting, expensive looking Rhone-styled Syrah... brought to you at Languedoc prices from the master of innovation, Charles Simpson.
- You might think you know Syrah - until you get your mitts on this, that is! Full of deep, complex fruits that sing from the glass, and a lingering peppery finish that'll leave you licking your lips for more.
- WARNING: You may be forced to share this moreish drop with friends or family. To avoid resentment, we suggest ordering more than one bottle!
- Syrah and Shiraz are planted in a multitude of different countries these days, however for me true Syrah can be found in the Northern Rhone. The idea behind The Cutler Syrah was to tip my hat to the Rhone style, whilst at the same time show the unique characteristics of Elgin and Elim in South Africa.
- I have made this wine from parcels usually reserved for more expensive wines. Luckily as I know the grower well, I have managed to secure them for a keen price so that the Angels can benefit from an excellent wine at a great price.
- Last year has been hailed as one of the best vintages of modern times, the grape bunches were the healthiest many farmers had ever seen! As the grapes have had a chance to fully ripen, you're left with a wine that has delicious red plum and black berry fruit, with black and white pepper and a crushed velvet texture that will drink well now and for a few years yet.
Richard Kershaw, Winemaker
- Until now, multi-award winning winemaker Caroline has been making tiny quantities of SERIOUSLY premium stuff in the Yarra Valley.
- But thanks to the wonders of Angel funding she's been able to create this super special Syrah at a more wallet-friendly price.
- This is a must-try for Shiraz lovers - bursting with rich juicy berries, with a delicious whack of peppery spice to finish. Divine.