- The site for my Hawkes Bay Merlot Cabernet Franc has been exposed to a series of geological events in the last few thousand years including river gravel deposits and limestone wash - all adding to the complexity of the wine.
- The Naked model allowed me to get access to this highly prized vineyard and it also cuts out the middle people between vineyard and you. This means ultra-premium quality at great prices!
- I've used a hands-off approach in the cellar, maturing my wine with minimal intervention in fine French oak to create a wine that combines ripe plum, blackberry and dried thyme flavours with rounded fruit tannins. It's my homage to Right Bank Bordeaux such as Pomerol and Saint Emilion.
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
- Back in 1997 I took a trip to New Zealand where I fell in love with Sauvignon Blanc. Ever since I got back I've wanted to find the perfect place to grow my own, and with the help of Naked Wines I finally found the right place near the village of Brenton on the slopes of Monte Calvarina.
- The grapes for my Sauvignon Blanc Vecchie Scuole come from a vineyard 500 metres above sea level, and are grown on rich volcanic soils. We handpick each vine at the end of August, before pressing the grapes and fermenting in stainless steel vats - all on the same day.
- The volcanic soil and altitude give my wine a distinct set of aromas. You will see that it's fresh with hints of jasmine, nettles and white pepper, with mouth wateringly rich citrus, apricot and peach flavours.
Antonio Fattori, Winemaker
- Casablanca’s long, hot days and chilly nights make it the perfect place for producing heavenly Sauvignon like this.
- If you like a more restrained Sauvignon, like Sancerre, rather than the exotic fruit of a Marlborough Sauvignon – this delectable drop is for you.
- Officially one of the best Sauvignon Blancs in Chile, scooping 90 points in the Annual Wines of Chile Awards and recently being awarded a whopping 91 points by Robert Parker!
- Until now, multi-award winning winemaker Caroline has been making tiny quantities of SERIOUSLY premium stuff in the Yarra Valley.
- But thanks to the wonders of Angel funding she's been able to create this super special Syrah at a more wallet-friendly price.
- This is a must-try for Shiraz lovers - bursting with rich juicy berries, with a delicious whack of peppery spice to finish. Divine.
- Katie's favourite grapes to work with are Muscat and Grenache Blanc, so it's just natural that together they are a match made in heaven.
- This fragrant drop is bursting to the seams with a floral bouquet of elderflowers and honeysuckle balanced perfectly with subtle citrus and apple flavours.
- Crack open a bottle and pour yourself a chilled glass. This pairs perfectly with sunshine.
- From Australia's home for Pinot Noir, Caroline has crafted this incredibly soft and silky wine with spoonfuls of blackberry and dark cherry fruit.
- And the critics are already rating it: "This lovely Pinot is velvety...very textural and...delicious." The Wine Detective.
- You have all funded the production of this knockout wine, by purchasing the grapes and even the wine press itself...hence the name!