Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- I've made this Petit Verdot from parcels usually reserved for more expensive wines - luckily I know the grower well!
- The Petit Verdot grape is a highly-concentrated grape with abundant colour, structure and flavour. The result is a deep, inky red with inviting aromas of blackcurrant, violet and rooibos tea.
- Powerful in structure yet with an incredibly rich and seamless texture, this full-bodied wine shows ripe cocoa-powder tannins and flavours of cinnamon, black olive tapenade and dark berry fruit.
Richard Kershaw, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- During Summer Tour last year Johan tempted Angels with two mouth-wateringly good wines and asked them to vote on which one he should hurry home to produce. 4000 votes later we had a winner...
- There’s no ABC (Anything but Chardonnay) excuse here. This one is bursting with citrus and stone fruit flavours with a delightfully crisp finish that will certainly keep you coming back for more.
- So why snap it up? Well, in Johan’s own words; “the fruit was limited, the votes were many, so please buy this as I suspect it will sell out in no time”. You don’t need to tell us twice, Johan.
- I often ride my mountain bike across our neighbour’s farm, and one vineyard has always intrigued me. After some investigation I learned that it was Pinotage. Pinotage isn’t my favourite grape, but being impressed with the beautiful berries, I asked to assist in the cellar during the making of the wine. It was love at first sight...
- The funding from Naked enabled me to get involved in the winemaking and also to secure this lovely wine, making it possible for me to afford production and packaging to send this lovely wine to you, Angels!
- The vineyards are situated on mid-altitude foothills in Stellenbosch, planted on clay soils, which makes the wine wonderfully opulent and rich. It’s silky soft, with delicious fruit driven flavours. Wild strawberries, generous raspberries, finished with a dollop of chocolate from the oak barrels.
- Adam spent 8 years at Klein Constantia - where he was responsible for Vin de Constance, one of the best sweet wines in the world.
- Armed with Angel funding he decided to pour his experience and expertise into this lucious sweet drop.
- Bursting with bright tropical fragrances of ripe mango and sweet pineapple, and a thick syrupy mouthfeel this golden wine goes perfectly with blue cheese.
- I'm on a quest to discover hidden pockets of unusual grapes and for Angels, soo I was really chuffed to find this undiscovered gem. Luckily, I know the grower well, so I managed to secure the fruit for a keen price too!
- The Barbera grape is traditionally from the Piedmont in Italy, but can absolutely flourish here in South Africa. The sunshine really packs it full of fruity intensity.
- My silky smooth, medium bodied Barbera is crimson red with vibrant aromas of ripe red cherry, dried strawberry and a ripple of milk chocolate. I hope you love it!
- This wine is extra special to me. It was blended with a group of lovely Angels at the Cutler’s Hall, Sheffield... which also happens to be my birthplace!
- Boy did they do a good job. The result is this delicious 3 grape blend, predominantly unwooded Grenache with a dollop of Syrah and just a smidgeon of Mourvedre.
- The Grenache brings ripe and expressive fruit, think freshly picked raspberries sprinkled with cracked black pepper and a dribble of molasses. The Syrah adds weight and concentration, whilst the small percentage of oak aged Mourvèdre adds an extra dimension of savoury, spicy complexity.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Top wine writer Neal Martin (of Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate) recently described Bruwer as "the man who makes some of South Africa's finest wines". We reckon this spectacular blend definitely lives up to the hype.
- Cabernet Franc is Bruwer's signature grape (he bagged 5 stars in the Platter Wine Guide 2014 for his Family Cab Franc) - this time he's combined it with a mouth-watering Malbec...
- The results are pretty darn magical. This is a stonking red with bags of juicy black fruit, gorgeous concentration and a seriously elegant and pure finish.