WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stephen’s entry-level Cab is one of our best-selling reds of all time. So when we challenged him to step it up a notch, we knew we were in for a real treat.
- Stephen headed straight to the oldest Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard on his farm, where he meticulously selected the fruit for this premium drop. Then he spent a quid or two more on the best oak and ageing… and it’s taken the quality through the roof.
- The older vines have tiny, concentrated grapes, giving the wine lots of deliciously complex and concentrated dark berry flavours that linger on your tongue. By all means drink it now, but this top-notch drop will also keep for many years to come.
- Think Chianti and then some. Kobie and Faisal take the Sangiovese grape and turbo-charge it with SA sunshine and love
- Taste Super Tuscan wine at supermarket prices - this Sangiovese is a luscious, rich and smooth Afro-Italian monster
- This wine is made in seriously small batches, so nab some while you can.
- Over the years at Moerbei Estate we've grown top quality Pinotage fruit, but all of it was sold to boutique wineries nearby. We decided to take our fruit back and show Angels how delicious this hidden jewel can be.
- Naked had the confidence to give us the Angel investment in advance to help with our first bottling. They believed in us, and we hope once you taste our Redridge Pinotage you will love it too!
- Our Redridge Pinotage is full-bodied yet elegant with crunchy red fruit flavours on the palate and a delightful smokey nose. This wine is truly South African and it would compete with the best Pinotage in South Africa.
Kobie & Faisal - Winemakers
- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.
- Winemakers don't come much more talented and passionate than Carmen. She's weaved her magic on this ultra-premium Sauvignon especially for her beloved Angels.
- Angel funding helped Carmen cherry-pick the choicest grapes from all the right plots along the Western Cape, allowing her to produce this more complex, seriously top-notch Sauvignon for Angels.
- Fresh, crisp, with a clean, zesty bite and a classy creamy finish – it slips down smooth as silk. Close your eyes and you could be drinking Pouilly-Fumé or Sancerre, just without the hefty price tag.
Merlot is a challenge to grow in warm climates but having Angel backing helped Carmen to secure fruit from the right vineyards. By supporting local growers, the land is being preserved for generations to come and she can’t thank you enough!
- Grapes from 4 different vineyards went into this powerful, fruity red from your Winemaker of the Decade. Carmen carefully handpicked and hand-sorted all the fruit to make sure only the best quality berries ended up in the tank.
- Brimming with dark fruit flavours and aromas of ripe cherries, dark chocolate and toasted nuts, this beautifully balanced wine is perfect to drink now but can also be squirreled away for a good few years if you have the patience.
- I often ride my mountain bike across our neighbour’s farm, and one vineyard has always intrigued me. After some investigation I learned that it was Pinotage. Pinotage isn’t my favourite grape, but being impressed with the beautiful berries, I asked to assist in the cellar during the making of the wine. It was love at first sight...
- The funding from Naked enabled me to get involved in the winemaking and also to secure this lovely wine, making it possible for me to afford production and packaging to send this lovely wine to you, Angels!
- The vineyards are situated on mid-altitude foothills in Stellenbosch, planted on clay soils, which makes the wine wonderfully opulent and rich. It’s silky soft, with delicious fruit driven flavours. Wild strawberries, generous raspberries, finished with a dollop of chocolate from the oak barrels.
- You won’t find a winemaker more experienced, or frankly more passionate about his wines than Stephen. So when he said he wanted to make a classy Reserve Chardonnay, we knew it would be a bit special.
- Thanks to Angel funding, Stephen was able to hand-harvest the grapes and age them in the finest French oak casks, giving his Reserve Chard the elegance of a white Burgundy, with a dollop of South African sunshine for extra flavour.
- His full-bodied Chardonnay is chock full of zesty lemons, limes and grapefruit all wrapped up in a velvety coat of toasty, vanilla spices. It’s refined, it’s lavish, it’s sumptuous... perfect for a night on the sofa with a good movie and a cuddle.
- This wine has a very unusual story, I was up in the mountains in Wellington, looking for more Old Vine Chenin Blanc vineyards, when I stumbled upon this Old Vineyard…
- After asking the farmer about it, he said that they did not even harvest the grapes the previous year and that it is ‘Tinta Barocca’, nobody wants to buy. I gave Eamon a call to see if we could help...
- Angel funding enabled me to pay the farmer a good price for the grapes, which in turn made him take extra special care of the vines and the resulting wine has amazing length, complexity and concentration! As it’s a small vineyard, volumes are limited so please buy some while you can.
- Johan Kruger, Winemaker
- Addictively delicious and a prime example of what Cabernet is all about with lots of juicy loosey cassis flavours ganging up with a lovely milk chocolate hit. All in all, scrummy.
- The grapes used to make this wine were bought with Angel money - which means you get it cheap as chips.
- This tummy warming red is sure to be a hit with Angels, and there isn't much of it...so get cracking, and don't forget to pick up a lamb biryani on your way whilst you're at it.