- Think Chianti and then some. Kobie and Faisal take the Sangiovese grape and turbo-charge it with SA sunshine and love
- Taste Super Tuscan wine at supermarket prices - this Sangiovese is a luscious, rich and smooth Afro-Italian monster
- This wine is made in seriously small batches, so nab some while you can.
- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.
- 2016 was quite a year for Johan Kruger. First he gave up his safe Stellenbosch job to go it alone and make his award-winning kit for Naked. Then, when Angels got a taste of his stupidly delicious wines, you nominated him for Winemaker of the Year!
Johan heard he’d been nominated on his son Matteo’s birthday. He felt honoured, and humbled, and determined to pay back the amazing Angels who voted for him, by making a truly spectacular wine. Funding allowed him to get his hands on some truly top-notch fruit and reserve juice and they came together perfectly...
This is a complex wine with dense flavours. Shiraz, Pinotage and Cab Sauv give it a lovely backbone of dark, brooding fruit and peppery complexity, while a splash of Merlot softens the finish to silky-smooth.
- Johan knew just where to go to find best grapes to make his Cab Sav and headed straight to the rolling vineyards of Stellenbosch.
- Elegant, powerful and packed full of dark fruit flavours - this is one red that’s born to age so if you can resist the urge to open it, then squirrel it away safely for a few years and let the magic unfold.
- Cab Sav grapes from Stellenbosch are seen as the Rolls Royce of the South African wine industry; they are hard to come by and the barrels used to get that sumptuous oakiness are expensive. It’s all thanks to Angel funding that Johan was able to secure such great juice and the necessary barrels so consider this a big thank you from him to you!
- Top wine writer Neal Martin (of Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate) recently described Bruwer as "the man who makes some of South Africa's finest wines". We reckon this spectacular blend definitely lives up to the hype.
- Cabernet Franc is Bruwer's signature grape (he bagged 5 stars in the Platter Wine Guide 2014 for his Family Cab Franc) - this time he's combined it with a mouth-watering Malbec...
- The results are pretty darn magical. This is a stonking red with bags of juicy black fruit, gorgeous concentration and a seriously elegant and pure finish.