- My Reserva is something truly special that shows the best that Portugal has to offer, but still remains incredibly competitive in value. It brings a more complex and serious personality that will please even the most demanding drinkers.
- Having everyone's support at Naked and witnessing first-hand the positive feedback from Angels is the biggest motivation that I could ever ask for. My approach when making this wine was highly influenced by everything I learned from being part of Naked Wines.
- Once poured this wine starts oozing complex aromas of red and black fruits mixed with vanilla and some spices. It is a complex wine with soft and velvety notes of ripe fruit. A wine made to drink slowly that will offer you a rich and lingering aftertaste.
- My vineyards are from one of the richest and most beautiful parts of Portugal, due to the diversity of the grape varieties, types of soil and the unique climate - with gently sloping hills and the cooling breeze from the nearby Atlantic both key to producing quality grapes.
- I sampled the wine from over 300 of my best barrels before choosing the top 10 to create my 10 Barricas. This is a wine that has been made specifically for the Angels, to add a wine with more complexity and structure to the rest of my range.
- My 10 Barricas is a dark ruby colour and deliciously rich and smooth. It has intense dark and red berry flavours, with spices and oak from ageing in American, French and Portuguese barriques, and a lovely complex structure.
- Mário Negreiros has been working his little cotton socks off on his latest project - made possible thanks to your Angel funding.
- From the first sip of this huge, full-bodied red, think of the freshest, most succulent black cherry you’ve ever scoffed, with just a rumour of pepper and dark chocolate on the finish. Then double it.
- As the ultimate thank you, Mário even named this vintage ‘Nu’, which means ‘Naked’ in Portuguese. It’s a wine he’s made specially for you, with love. Ahhh.
- To get the best out of this wine, Mario recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking... why not add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order?
- Exciting new wine from a traditional Port making family, this is a deliciously easy, approachable wine that has some hidden depths.
- Oscar and his sister Claudia, the winemakers, originally made this wine just for their friends...but found it was so good they decided they needed to share it with us too! For which we are very grateful indeed.
- It might slip down easily, but it needs food to show its best. Try it with a duck breast, pan fried, and crisp roast potato wedges to help it hit its stride.
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a just few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck.
With mindblowingly juicy black cherry and damson fruit, it assaults your mouth like a delicious battering ram. It's no wonder 90% of those who've tried it have been hooked.
- My dear friends, I have some fantastic news for you. Firstly, I must say that if you ever believe in someone, don't ever give up as dreams are possible.
- My dream was to make a rosé Port, a delightful, light, slightly sweet, mouthful of sheer intoxication. Pauline, my Archangel argued, trapped the boss on an aeroplane for 2 hours, got more Angels on board and finally she persuaded Naked to make it happen!
- I'm absolutely overwhelmed and so proud that we all pulled together to help. My heart has soared and floated off the rooftops!
- The grapes for my Agil are a combination of Aragonez and Trincadeira (which are local to the area of Estremoz where I live), and the well known Syrah variety. The vineyards that are used for this wine all sit around 400 metres above sea level, which help give a delicious freshness to this unique blend.
- I set up my winery only 12 years ago, and I've spent that time making my wines better and better. Angel funding has given me the chance to start planting new vineyards so that I will be able to bring my taste of Portugal to even more Angels.
- When you pour this wine the first thing you should notice is the deep ruby red colour, then once you take your first sip you will experience the intense flavours of well ripened red and blue berries with a slightly spicy finish - a great example of a medium bodied red from my area that I hope you will enjoy again and again!
Luis Louro, Winemaker
- This port is lovingly aged for 4 years in stainless steel vats, a delicious sweet and aromatic port to drink chilled or on the rocks
- Superb fruity intensity, with a great balance between acidity and sweetness. For something different try mixing with tonic water and fresh mint!
- The Quevedo family have some great pairing suggestions, try it with Cured Ham & Melon as a starter or with Baked Peach for dessert
- Lovingly aged for 3 years in stainless steel vats, this is a versatile fruity Port
- Red fruits shine through, think of cherries, raspberries and redcurrant with a little plum too
- Oscar has some great food pairing ideas for this delicious ruby Port. Try it with dates & bacon as a canape, or with an indulgent chocolate mousse for dessert
- Recently awarded a whopping 88 points by Wine Spectator!
- Every year on the tour Angels have asked me about Tawny Port. I used to say that one day it would come, sooner or later. And here it is now!
- A special thank you to my Archangels who have been tireless helping me to spread the word about my wines. Without them I'm sure this Port wouldn't be here.
- Tawny Port is the cask aged version of Port. It develops a nutty character due to the aging for five years in oak. This is a classic Port with plenty of complexity and elegance.
Oscar - Winemaker