- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
- Christian has created the Naked Godfather of the big reds - and it's at a price you won't believe.
- He semi-dried grapes in the Italian sunshine to create a deliciously intense wine like nothing we've tasted before.
- Every delicious sip is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit. It's dark, brooding, powerful and practically bursting with sumptuous Italian charm.
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- To get the best out of this wine, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking, add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order and open up all the flavours whilst looking uber-impressive on your festive dinner table!
- Australia produces some of the most scrumptious Shiraz in the world... so when your golden boy Sam tipped us off about some top-notch grapes, we didn’t think twice about giving him the extra funding to snap 'em up.
- This is as full-flavoured as Shiraz gets. Bags of dark brambly fruit have been supercharged by all that lovely Aussie sun. Sam’s balanced the power-packed fruit with a peppery warmth, a creamy texture and a long jammy finish that just goes on forever.
- Smooth enough to drink on its own - or it’s perfect with a big bowl of spag bol or a bubbling lamb casserole. Yum.
Denis carefully selected the grapes that went into this delightfully gluggable wine as only the best were fit for the job.
Two words that spring to mind with this one? Juicy and fresh. There’s an abundance of red fruit aromas to ignite the senses. We're talking strawberries, raspberries and redcurrants with a little twist of black cherries just for good measure. It’s dangerously moreish stuff.
As an Angel, you get it it at a jaw-dropping price. So if it’s value for money you’re after then look no further; Denis has the answer!
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- The Montsant region is still an under-rated region in Spain, which is fortunate for me as I have access to amazingly healthy and high quality grapes for an excellent price. Thanks to Angel funding I can pay in advance for the grapes and the wine, which means no extra margin for the bank!
- My Vinya Cucut is made using a hand picked selection of grapes from old vines that are on average at least 50 years old. We select the best grapes from the vineyard, which then go onto a sorting table for further selection.
- Gentle extraction of the tannins after fermentation followed by a minimum of 6 months in barrel and bottle give a wonderful balance between the tannin and the spicy fruit flavours, so you end up with a mouth-watering finish each time.
- Meet Norrel, our Flying Scotsman of the wine world... who just happens to be the one of the very few Masters of Wine living and working in Spain! With your Angel funding and Norrel's know-how, he was able to source you the best grapes that sun-soaked Campo de Borja can offer.
- Norrel took advantage of some local old vines to give your wine complex, rich intensity. Packed full of lightly spiced, super-juicy red fruits, and sumptuously soft 'n' smooth tannins.
- Thanks to your funding, you're getting a top-notch wine for peanuts - and did we mention, it's made by a Master of Wine? Grab yourself a bottle, while you can, and try it with some ravishing slow roasted lamb
- Not many wines actually taste of what they're made of. This one does. Perfectly ripe, super-sweet, big ol' juicy grapes.
- Ben bought it from one of his clients at mates' rates. And because you support him, he's passing the low price on to you. Call it your reward.
- Organic. And better for it. Treat your body like the temple it is and drink something completely natural.
- This port is lovingly aged for 4 years in stainless steel vats, a delicious sweet and aromatic port to drink chilled or on the rocks
- Superb fruity intensity, with a great balance between acidity and sweetness. For something different try mixing with tonic water and fresh mint!
- The Quevedo family have some great pairing suggestions, try it with Cured Ham & Melon as a starter or with Baked Peach for dessert