- Australia produces some of the most scrumptious Shiraz in the world... so when your golden boy Sam tipped us off about some top-notch grapes, we didn’t think twice about giving him the extra funding to snap 'em up.
- This is as full-flavoured as Shiraz gets. Bags of dark brambly fruit have been supercharged by all that lovely Aussie sun. Sam’s balanced the power-packed fruit with a peppery warmth, a creamy texture and a long jammy finish that just goes on forever.
- Smooth enough to drink on its own - or it’s perfect with a big bowl of spag bol or a bubbling lamb casserole. Yum.
- When Scott Feldtmann (who looks after the Gentle Annie vineyard) offered me some pristine fruit from his own vineyard, Major Plains, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to pass up! The vineyard is dry grown and produces a very small crop of intensely coloured and concentrated fruits.
- To show at its best, high end red wine needs new oak barrels, and these are expensive. Bond funding helped me to buy the best oak which lets this wine sing. Truth is, I wouldn’t be making this wine without the fantastic support of Bondholders!
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. It has a great intensity of flavour - rich and powerful with great length. There is also a velvetiness to it, which makes it attractive to drink rather than just being all about power. I hope you’ll be blown away by it!
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- I source the fruit for my Diamond Shiraz from the oldest vines I can get my hands on. They're nearly 40 years old and consistently produce concentrated flavours, good colour and a lovely fullness to the wines. I give it all the love and care in the world in the winery, fermenting each parcel of fruit separately before maturing in French and American oak barrels for 15 months.
- Shiraz is my all time favourite variety, and my Diamond range are the pick of the bunch.... so it goes without saying that I give my winemaking all to this wine to make sure it over delivers on flavour and richness - thank you Angels for giving me the freedom to make this for you!
- My Diamond Shiraz 2017 has a beautiful dark purple-red colour, with rich and powerful aromas of dark berries, toasty oak and warming spices. The flavours are equally rich, with round and generous dark fruit, long complex oak characters and a delicious lingering finish.
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker
- I've sourced the grapes for this wine from a single patch of dry-grown Shiraz from the White Hut District of the Clare Valley. Once the grapes have been pressed I ferment part of the juice in oak and then mature for an extra 3 months to increase the complexity and depth of the wine.
- My Clare Valley Shiraz has wonderful hints of violet and white pepper, which combine with the cedar oak to give the wine length and persistense.
- The last vintage of my Clare Valley Shiraz was insanely popular over in Australia, and I'm excited to see how Angels in the UK enjoy it.
Adam Barton, Winemaker
- Nina is always in and out of some great cellars and when she stumbled upon this seriously delicious drop she just had to snap it up for you Angels.
- This Shiraz is bouncy. So full of life, packed with juicy fruit, and plush. Just a hint of spice beneath the vibrant red fruits.
- Have it with a barbeque, or on its own with friends… and see if you can say the tongue twister after a bottle...
- I sourced the grapes for this wine from Clarendon, one of the highest vineyards in the McLaren Vale - a region that’s renowned for producing some of the best Shiraz to come out of Aus.
- My McLaren Vale Shiraz is a deep, dark rich wine, with mouth-wateringly intense flavours. A big burst of intense blackberry fruit bounces on your tongue, along with a sprinkle of white pepper and a hint of dark chocolate and nutmeg.
- If you like sumptuous, ripe and powerful wines then this is the one for you. It’s a wine I’m really looking forward to sharing with UK Angels - let me know what you think!
Adam Barton, Winemaker
- OK, if you think of Aussie Shiraz at one end of the spectrum, and Rhone Syrah at the other, this is pretty much bang in the middle of both, thanks to the unique skills of winemaker Caroline Mooney.
- On the one hand it has the bravado of a top class Aussie Shiraz, on the other, the sophistication and silkiness of top quality Rhone. In other words...it's pretty damn good!
- A wine that looks amazing to drink now for the impatient amongst you. But good things come to those who wait - this Syrah has some serious aging potential 15 years down the line…if you can wait that long!
- Until now, multi-award winning winemaker Caroline has been making tiny quantities of SERIOUSLY premium stuff in the Yarra Valley.
- But thanks to the wonders of Angel funding she's been able to create this super special Syrah at a more wallet-friendly price.
- This is a must-try for Shiraz lovers - bursting with rich juicy berries, with a delicious whack of peppery spice to finish. Divine.