Merlot is a challenge to grow in warm climates but having Angel backing helped Carmen to secure fruit from the right vineyards. By supporting local growers, the land is being preserved for generations to come and she can’t thank you enough!
- Grapes from 4 different vineyards went into this powerful, fruity red from your Winemaker of the Decade. Carmen carefully handpicked and hand-sorted all the fruit to make sure only the best quality berries ended up in the tank.
- Brimming with dark fruit flavours and aromas of ripe cherries, dark chocolate and toasted nuts, this beautifully balanced wine is perfect to drink now but can also be squirreled away for a good few years if you have the patience.
- The winemaking process behind this Merlot was kept as simple as possible, no crazy pump-over regime, just a focus on the gentle handling of the fruit and ageing of the wine in French oak casks for around 10 months.
- I've had my eye on this specific block for a while and I'm so glad to finally get my hands on the fruit. The close proximity of this vineyard to False Bay and the Atlantic ocean results in an early harvested crop, before the vines have started to bear any signs of heat-related stress - perfect for making juicy, fruity Merlot.
- Youthful in appearance, expect an explosion of dark fruits and a lovely chalky texture that's dangerously moreish, easy-drinking, and oh so smooth.
Adam Mason, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- It’s no accident Stephen’s an all-time Naked legend. You'd struggle to find many winemakers making better kit at £6.99 a bottle, and this Merlot is no exception.
- For starters it has one of the most intense black cherry fruit flavours that taste as if they've been whisked up with a shot of espresso and liquid dark chocolate. Add a hint of spice to the finish and you've got one hell of a mouthful of red wine.
- What's more, because its backed by our Angels, it's not only a great glass, but a pretty good bargain to boot.