Last year we asked Angels to choose which red they would like our super-couple Katie and Jean Marc to make next. The votes were so close that we actually ended up giving them the go-ahead to make both and here is Jean Marc’s offering...
- Our King of Carignan and knows exactly how to get the best out of those little grapes so obviously he chose them. Add to that some silky Syrah et voila - you have his smooth, spicy, deliciously juicy blend.
- Whichever one does better will be the style they run with next year so don’t forget to rate and let us know what you think. Katie and Jean Marc are waiting on the edge of their seats..!
- Curious about Katie’s? Try it here!
- When I was a young winemaker I made a Rosé wine in Provence, but the rules for this area dictated how it should be, so I couldn't express myself. Now I've had the chance to make one for Naked, I want to show that Languedoc is able to make Rosé as good or even better than in Provence.
- Thanks to Naked Wines I have been able to purchase quality old vine Carignan grapes and make the best possible wine for the Angels. I've blended these with a little Cinsault to produce this fresh and elegant wine.
- This wine is an attractive medium rosé colour, with a fruity and floral nose and an explosion of strawberry, rasberry and red fruit flavours. I was looking for the perfect balance between acidity, fruitiness, freshness and minerality - not too pale nor too strong, just perfect!
Virgile Joly, Winemaker
- When Leicester girl Katie Jones went to France on holiday 20 years ago and ended up working in a wine co-operative, she had no idea it would be the start of a marriage made in heaven. Katie married the love of her life, local winemaker Jean-Marc.
- Me & Monsieur Jones 2015 is the fruit of Katie’s and Jean-Marc’s marriage – a delicious blend of Grenache grapes from his vineyard and old vine Carignan from hers.
- This fruit-packed, lightly-spiced bundle of red loveliness will cope with anything your outdoor summer frolics are likely to throw at it, from a big plate of sizzling bangers to all those swanky dishes full of pasta and posh-sounding herbs.
- Carignan is the traditional grape of the Languedoc, often chucked into big blends and constantly underrated.
- When Angels clubbed together to help Jean Marc go it alone, he was able to say thank you with this juicy number sourced from a friend's vineyard.
- This is a traditional style of Carignan, chock full of juicy red fruits and wild herbs like rosemary and thyme. Yummy.