American winemaker Stephen makes some of the New World's most sought after wines. Very unlike the over-done fruit bombs you've come to expect, this modern Shiraz is mega classy.
When we asked Stephen to make us a little side project, he jumped at the chance. He still gets to be his own boss and thanks to Angel funding you get his top-shelf talent at middle-shelf prices.
Ruby red in the glass, this delightful wine is full of mellow dark fruit, spicy black pepper and a smooth taste of smoky oaky warmth
WE'RE NOT SURE
Naked legend Stephen has taken the best California has to offer for his Black Label Lodi and bought Angels a simply stunning Zinfandel, using only carefully hand picked grapes for the job.
This is a full-bodied red, bursting at the seams with dark fruits and berries as well as a gentle spice on the nose thanks to time spent in oak barrels.
Unlike us, this wine will grow old gracefully for several years to come! But you’d better snap it up quicksmart as Stephen’s bottles don’t hang around for long!
Stephen’s Merlot is absolutely soaked in warm Californian sunshine, it tastes awesome and is great value to boot!
Bursting with ripe and juicy blackberries, dark cherry and jammy plums followed by a dash of vanilla spice, it's the perfect tummy warmer.
Don’t be afraid to crack this wine open on any occasion. With food or without, it's the ultimate everyday drinker.
- Stephen's made many amazing wines for us, but we really couldn't believe this Viognier when we tasted it!
- Viognier is the Rhone's white wine gift to the wine world. This little Californian number is off the beaten path but it's a sensational wine at a very un-Rhone price.
- Serve it deliciously cold and this zingy, peaches & cream dream, will keep you and your friends refreshed all year 'round!
- Leading the revolution for a new, modern style of wine, Stephen's Californian Chardonnay will have Chablis producers weeping with envy.
- This is as bright and refreshing as Chardonnay comes, with a dollop of Californian sunshine for extra oomph.
- Stephen recommends you grab yourself a fat tuna steak and go wild!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Angel funding has allowed Stephen to experiment with his wines over the years and for this one he decided to blend a whopping seven grape varieties together to give Angels something truly special (for the curious amongst you they are: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Petit Syrah, Zinfandel, Syrah and a tiny drop of Malbec)!
Aromas of dark red fruits, coupled with a subtle toastiness that gives way to a beautiful, long finish make this a must-have for wine racks everywhere.
As Stephen once told us, “all good things must come to an end. Really good things, however, end sooner.” It’s a rather apt saying for this wine so make sure you snap up a bottle before it’s all gone!
Angel funding allowed Katy to make full use of an exceptional year for Riesling in 2017 and combine grapes from two vineyards to create a beautifully balanced treat just for us.
This one’s a fruit-forward smasher, with notes of peach, pear and exotic fruits, plus a minerality that gives it a delightful crispness. This is new-world, off-dry style at it’s best!
Three things that Katy loves about this grape? Its amazing aromatics. Its terrific value for money. And its incredible ability to age well. Say no more, we’re sold!
- This blend is sourced from vineyards throughout the Napa Valley AVA, most of which being located in the Rutherford AVA. Vineyards in this area are perfect for delivering this wine style targeted, as the fruit gets nice and ripe without loosing intensity and the tannins provide great richness and texture without being overly astringent.
- Bordeaux styles of winemaking are employed with particular attention to making sure to elevate the fruit and minimize aggressive tannins.
- Inviting dark red purple appearance, plenty of rich ripe fruit on the nose and palate, and a silky smooth texture that gives the wine its classic, moorish Napa character.
Matt Parish, winemaker
Rocket-scientist turned winemaker Matt put Angel funding to amazing use, focusing all his attention on his latest stellar Chardonnay.
This full-bodied, beautifully balanced wine boasts a sumptuous array of tropical fruit flavours and subtle oakiness that just keeps us coming back for more!
Chicken Sunday roast on the menu? Look no further! Buy it quickly though as, with only a limited quantity made, it’s not going to last long.
This classic, oak-aged Chard gives you a soft, unctuous feel and a rich mouthful of creaminess.
Angel funding not only lets Daryl get his hands on the best fruit and buy the expensive French oak barrels he needs, but also allows him to take as long he needs to make a delightful wine without wasting time on marketing and sales.
Roast chicken is the stereotypical pairing with a buttery Chard... taste this wine with it and you'll understand why!