Let the ratings speak for themselves. The Hacienda range is easily the most popular Rioja we stock!
Rodolfo is dripping in medals and awards for his wine skills and he makes sure to save all of his best stuff for Angels.
His Winemaker's Choice Rioja is bursting with bright strawberry flavours with a slightly spicy finish - a classic Rioja. Soft, smooth and mellow, and unbeatable value for money.
- This wine is halfway between a classical Crianza and a more modern style. David can’t resist putting his little twist on this delicious wine.
- Chock full of ripe blackcurrants, black cherries and bramble fruit with a touch of subtle sweet spices like vanilla, cloves and cinnamon from the 12 months spent ageing in oak.
- David pairs this wine with your Sunday roast beef. Rich, complex and elegant, it will take that special Sunday lunch to the next level.
- This is quite possibly the tastiest Rioja you'll ever find. Why? Because Carlos is in the unique position of being able to buy the best grapes the region has to offer.
- What you probably don't know is, to make Rioja Reserva only the very last squeeze of juice is used. The result is 100% flavour.
- Rich, smooth and creamy. Drinking this is like putting on a set of silk pyjamas.
- Before Angel funding allowed David Seijas to fulfil his lifelong winemaking dream he was serving wine to rockstars, world leaders and famous footballers at one of the best restaurants in the world.
- David spent his career tracking down the finest wines in Spain to serve with the finest food, and now, he's making his wines exclusively for you.
- This rich and smooth little number epitomises Rioja Reserva at it's finest. Ripe red fruit, blackcurrants, a lick of licorice, a lovely smoky oakiness and a silky-smooth finish.
- Cook up a nice big lump of lamb and enjoy it like the locals knowing you've got your wine from the guy who has won the coveted Golden Nose award as a top sommelier.
Want to take Tierras del Arlanza to the next level? Have no fear, the Selección Especial is here!
It’s a big, juicy, oaky monster that tastes just like super-expensive Ribera del Duero.
Wait for a special occasion, grab a leg or shoulder of lamb, smother it in olive oil, garlic and rosemary, and slow roast it for several hours. Serve with this wine, and you’ll wonder how ordinary life has been up until this moment.
Eamon, Wine Guy
- We're not allowed to tell you the name of the super-famous Spanish region this wine comes from, but if you took a guess, you'd probably be right.
- Spain's best wine regions limit how much wine each vineyard produces (this means vines are selected for quality, not quantity). When there's a bumper crop any extra grapes are declassified and sold at a snip of the price.
- Using Angel funding, Carlos managed to find a premium parcel of Tempranillo for a steal, which makes this wine the ultimate bargain.
- Antonio is the definition of artisan, passionately producing wines from his century old family vineyards and scooping up awards and accolades as he goes.
- Using some of the best old vines from his family vineyard, Antonio has gone all out on this rich and smooth Tempranillo, giving it the serious VIP treatment exclusively for Angels in new French oak barrels.
- Fresh red fruits along with plums, licorice and a nice tobacco and peppery finish, rounded off by a lovely lick of oak. This is foodie wine with dinner party written all over it and will stand up to the biggest, meatiest dish you can congure up.
- So treat yourself, gather some friends, grab a bottle (or two!) of Antonio's Especial, cook up a storm and bask in the glory of your mates.
- Our vineyard is located on the banks of the River Duero, where the vines are grown on stoney alluvial soil. The grapes for the barrica and young wines are grown on clay and sandy soil, and the fertility of the soil ensures the freshness of the wine.
- We blended our young fresh wine with our barrica, and a touch of the MB Especial made for Naked Wines to produce this fruity full bodied wine.
- The wine is full of fruit, particularly dark forest fruits - and just at the finish you get a hint of the oak from the French oak barrels.
- Enjoy after letting breathe for a couple of hours with some Manchego cheese!
Antonio Diez Martin, Winemaker
- I’ve been making this wine since 2005 (the first time it was my wedding wine) but this is the first time I’ve sold it. I’m excited to be able to share it with my Angels to say thank you for funding me!
- My total production of this wine is still only 9 barrels! It’s made in artisanal way, almost 100% handmade trying to show the very best identity of traditional winemaking processes.
- Packed with intense, concentrated and vibrant red and black fruits with a spicy finish. It's a really interesting and exclusive blend of the best terroirs. I can’t wait to hear what you think of it.
Verdil, a rare golden-yellow grape variety almost exclusive to southeastern Spain, has been in huge decline over the years. Luckily Diego and a handful of others have come to its rescue and are creating balanced and lively wines that are sure to impress!
His organic vineyards thrive under the glorious sunshine and cool sea breeze of the area, and the white clay soil enhances the delicious creaminess of all that fruit.
Pale yellow in colour, with citrus and apricots on the nose and a subtle hint of anise, this is a seriously smooth wine with a delightful long finish. Diego likens it to meeting up with an old friend where you can’t stop smiling and time flies unnoticed...And we couldn’t agree more!