- Rodolfo's great love in life is making Rioja for his Angels. Your funding helped him to nab some pristine grapes from the super-premium Alta region to make a seriously smooth Rioja.
- His cracking Crianza is aged in oak for 14 months to create a ravishingly rich drop with an elegant, silky finish. It's dripping with opulence and punches waaay above its price tag.
- A wine that looks and tastes this good should cost you a pretty penny. Luckily for you, this is a steal at the price. Grab yourself some affordable decadence while you can.
- This wine is halfway between a classical Crianza and a more modern style. David can’t resist putting his little twist on this delicious wine.
- Chock full of ripe blackcurrants, black cherries and bramble fruit with a touch of subtle sweet spices like vanilla, cloves and cinnamon from the 12 months spent ageing in oak.
- David pairs this wine with your Sunday roast beef. Rich, complex and elegant, it will take that special Sunday lunch to the next level.
- This is quite possibly the tastiest Rioja you'll ever find. Why? Because Carlos is in the unique position of being able to buy the best grapes the region has to offer.
- What you probably don't know is, to make Rioja Reserva only the very last squeeze of juice is used. The result is 100% flavour.
- Rich, smooth and creamy. Drinking this is like putting on a set of silk pyjamas.
- Before Angel funding allowed David Seijas to fulfil his lifelong winemaking dream he was serving wine to rockstars, world leaders and famous footballers at one of the best restaurants in the world.
- David spent his career tracking down the finest wines in Spain to serve with the finest food, and now, he's making his wines exclusively for you.
- This rich and smooth little number epitomises Rioja Reserva at it's finest. Ripe red fruit, blackcurrants, a lick of licorice, a lovely smoky oakiness and a silky-smooth finish.
- Cook up a nice big lump of lamb and enjoy it like the locals knowing you've got your wine from the guy who has won the coveted Golden Nose award as a top sommelier.
Want to take Tierras del Arlanza to the next level? Have no fear, the Selección Especial is here!
It’s a big, juicy, oaky monster that tastes just like super-expensive Ribera del Duero.
Wait for a special occasion, grab a leg or shoulder of lamb, smother it in olive oil, garlic and rosemary, and slow roast it for several hours. Serve with this wine, and you’ll wonder how ordinary life has been up until this moment.
Eamon, Wine Guy
Earlier this year, whilst on my travels around northern Spain, I ended up in the small town of Lerma and sat down to a delicious lunch of lamb…
Served alongside it was the Tierras del Arlanza and I was blown away! It’s a powerful blend of Tempranillo and Cabernet Sauvignon, which packs a serious punch, especially considering its £8.99 price tag.
It’s the perfect winter warmer to have a few bottles of sitting in your rack to pull out for any occasion.
Eamon, Wine Guy
- We're not allowed to tell you the name of the super-famous Spanish region this wine comes from, but if you took a guess, you'd probably be right.
- Spain's best wine regions limit how much wine each vineyard produces (this means vines are selected for quality, not quantity). When there's a bumper crop any extra grapes are declassified and sold at a snip of the price.
- Using Angel funding, Carlos managed to find a premium parcel of Tempranillo for a steal, which makes this wine the ultimate bargain.
- In Rioja we have really good conditions for white wines, even if we’ve always been recognized for our reds!
- We had a strike of luck in the region around 25 years ago with the appearance of a new grape variety called Tempranillo Blanco. From one shoot 25 years ago, now we have around 500 hectares in the Rioja region and the possibility to enjoy a delicious new grape variety.
- It’s a fresh and crispy white wine with pear and apple in the nose and a rounded mouth feeling with a great balance. It’s an opportunity for Angels to try something really different and exclusive.
- Antonio is the definition of artisan, passionately producing wines from his century old family vineyards and scooping up awards and accolades as he goes.
- Using some of the best old vines from his family vineyard, Antonio has gone all out on this rich and smooth Tempranillo, giving it the serious VIP treatment exclusively for Angels in new French oak barrels.
- Fresh red fruits along with plums, licorice and a nice tobacco and peppery finish, rounded off by a lovely lick of oak. This is foodie wine with dinner party written all over it and will stand up to the biggest, meatiest dish you can congure up.
- So treat yourself, gather some friends, grab a bottle (or two!) of Antonio's Especial, cook up a storm and bask in the glory of your mates.
- Our vineyard is located on the banks of the River Duero, where the vines are grown on stoney alluvial soil. The grapes for the barrica and young wines are grown on clay and sandy soil, and the fertility of the soil ensures the freshness of the wine.
- We blended our young fresh wine with our barrica, and a touch of the MB Especial made for Naked Wines to produce this fruity full bodied wine.
- The wine is full of fruit, particularly dark forest fruits - and just at the finish you get a hint of the oak from the French oak barrels.
- Enjoy after letting breathe for a couple of hours with some Manchego cheese!
Antonio Diez Martin, Winemaker