- I’ve been making this wine since 2005 (the first time it was my wedding wine) but this is the first time I’ve sold it. I’m excited to be able to share it with my Angels to say thank you for funding me!
- My total production of this wine is still only 9 barrels! It’s made in artisanal way, almost 100% handmade trying to show the very best identity of traditional winemaking processes.
- Packed with intense, concentrated and vibrant red and black fruits with a spicy finish. It's a really interesting and exclusive blend of the best terroirs. I can’t wait to hear what you think of it.
- Franck spent 7 years as a respected UK sommelier, serving ultra-expensive vintages to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants. Now he's made a Priorat just like the ones he used to pour when he was a Somellier at top Michelin restaurants.
- Hand-made in tiny batches and aged in no-expense-spared oak barrels. Bursting with sumptuous ripe fruit, a lovely smoky note and velvety tannins, this is as opulent and delicious as red wine gets.
- It tastes seriously delicious now. But if you're the patient type, it'll taste even better in 20 years.
- The Best Wine in Spain over £10 according to Decanter - Gorka's gift to you.
- This may not be cheap, but if you're looking for a wine to fit a very special occasion, look no further.
- All the wonders one would hope for from a Rioja, plus those touches you know only comes from great hands - Gorka's. Bundles of rich rich rich red fruits, oak, tobacco and oodles of length. Splendid!
- To get the best out of this wine, Gorka recommends decanting it for an hour before drinking.
- The almost forgotten wine region of Ribera Sacra in North-West Spain is where Carlos set his sights on for this his next, and if we may add, monumental, challenge.
It’s a hands on affair, where colossal amounts of dedication and commitment are required to overcome the challenges of growing organically here. Is it really worth all the effort we hear you ask? Hell yeah!
This is an unctuously smooth wine that had Ray, our Wine Nut, waxing lyrical about it’s silky tannins and delicious flavours of both red and blackcurrants. It’s unashamedly Old World in style and, if you can resist the temptation to drink it now, a perfect bottle to be laid down for a good few years.
From the foothills of the Verdera mountain range comes Anna’s first wine for Angels and it’s an absolute beauty.
The Catalunian elements (we’re talking sun, sea and wind) have worked their magic on this sumptuous blend of Grenache, Mourvèdre and Syrah, with its deep violet colour and intense aromatic profile really making it stand out amongst the crowd.
Bursting with black fruits, with a hint of spiciness and pinch of wild Mediterranean herbs, enjoy the power, complexity and elegance of this wine. It’s safe to say we can expect great things from Anna!
- I first made this Cava in 1998 for my own wedding and haven't stopped producing it since...
- At first I made small amounts to sell to family and friends, until Naked gave me the possibility to make a bigger production. Thanks to your funding I can keep on producing these bubbles for my next wedding anniversary!
- I really wanted to make a Cava true to the Champagne method. So I age it in the bottle as long as possible (in this vintage 5 years). This gives a lovely crispness and intensity. The delicate and fine bubbles tickle your tongue with pure, fresh apple and pear fruit. I hope you enjoy it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Franck used his Winemaker of the Year prize fund to create his dream wine - a meticulously crafted gem, from Spain's most prestigious region. And it's exclusive to you!
- This beauty is jam-packed with ripe red fruits, with a loooong lingering finish thanks to an extra year's ageing in the bottle. Magical stuff.
- Savvy customers bought most of the first vintage in advance on Marketplace - be sure to try this gem before it's snatched up.