- It’s all thanks to Angel funding that David was able to begin his solo winemaking adventure and he couldn’t be more grateful! Crowned Spanish Winemaker of the Year in 2015 and 2017, it’s obvious this guy means business and he pours all his experience and passion into every wine he makes.
Sourcing the perfect Monastrell grapes for his brand new La Nymphina was David’s main focus and he found them on 40 year old vines situated high up where the hot days and cool nights give grapes longer to ripen.
- It’s a rich, juicy red with a luscious lick of spice thanks to 6 months spent in French oak barrels. In David’s own words, ‘whether for everyday dining or dinner parties with wine savvy friends, La Nymphina Monastrell will deliver and not disappoint’. We couldn’t agree more!
- The Montsant region is still an under-rated region in Spain, which is fortunate for me as I have access to amazingly healthy and high quality grapes for an excellent price. Thanks to Angel funding I can pay in advance for the grapes and the wine, which means no extra margin for the bank!
- My Vinya Cucut is made using a hand picked selection of grapes from old vines that are on average at least 50 years old. We select the best grapes from the vineyard, which then go onto a sorting table for further selection.
- Gentle extraction of the tannins after fermentation followed by a minimum of 6 months in barrel and bottle give a wonderful balance between the tannin and the spicy fruit flavours, so you end up with a mouth-watering finish each time.
- Franck spent 7 years as a respected UK sommelier, serving ultra-expensive vintages to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants. Now he's made a Priorat just like the ones he used to pour when he was a Somellier at top Michelin restaurants.
- Hand-made in tiny batches and aged in no-expense-spared oak barrels. Bursting with sumptuous ripe fruit, a lovely smoky note and velvety tannins, this is as opulent and delicious as red wine gets.
- It tastes seriously delicious now. But if you're the patient type, it'll taste even better in 20 years.
- Angels have been crying out for more Sherry and we have got hold of an epic Pedro Ximénez.
- Overly ripe grapes are dried in the sun to get super concentrated before ageing in toasty barrels, tantalising your tastebuds with flavours of fig, raisin and plum with a lingering aftertaste of coffee and chocolate. Absolutely delicious.
- Pedro Ximénez is like liquid gold, full of sticky sweetness that feels like soft silk. Top tip, pour this over vanilla ice cream for a scintillating desert.
- Manzanilla is just as light and deliciously bone dry as it’s brother Fino - with the added punch of bright green apple.
- This Sherry simply sings with crisp clean flavour and a lovely hit for aromatics - all balanced with a nutty, super smooth finish.
- One of the finer things in life. Pop your feet up with a glass of this in one hand, and a handful of cured ham and smoked almonds in the other. Divine.
- Meet Norrel, our Flying Scotsman of the wine world... who just happens to be the one of the very few Masters of Wine living and working in Spain! With your Angel funding and Norrel's know-how, he was able to source you the best grapes that sun-soaked Campo de Borja can offer.
- Norrel took advantage of some local old vines to give your wine complex, rich intensity. Packed full of lightly spiced, super-juicy red fruits, and sumptuously soft 'n' smooth tannins.
- Thanks to your funding, you're getting a top-notch wine for peanuts - and did we mention, it's made by a Master of Wine? Grab yourself a bottle, while you can, and try it with some ravishing slow roasted lamb
- Carlos used Angel funding to snap up a parcel of top-notch grapes that would have otherwise been lost into a Rioja blend... and make this mouth-watering single vineyard Rioja Graciano exclusively for you!
- If you love Rioja this is a MUST try, with mouthwateringly ripe fruit and bags of character. Carlos has given Graciano a chance to shine, and boy does it shine!
- To get the best out of this wine, Carlos recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking.
- Nope, not the stuff of nostalgia - Alvaro's SILVER medal winning Cream Sherry is a new breed of beautifully balanced wine that's just itching to blow your preconceptions clean away.
- Cream by name but just the right kind of creamy by nature. This sherry will surprise you with its freshness, vibrancy and luscious depth of flavour.
- Fortify literally means 'to increase the effectiveness of, with additional ingredients.' We urge you to fortify your wine rack with a bottle (or two) of this delight, and try it with some smooth 'n' salty blue cheese.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Franck used his Winemaker of the Year prize fund to create his dream wine - a meticulously crafted gem, from Spain's most prestigious region. And it's exclusive to you!
- This beauty is jam-packed with ripe red fruits, with a loooong lingering finish thanks to an extra year's ageing in the bottle. Magical stuff.
- Savvy customers bought most of the first vintage in advance on Marketplace - be sure to try this gem before it's snatched up.