- It's not just common old Reserva, this is Gran Reserva - and in Spain this actually means something. Only top quality grapes are used - the grapes that have the best fruit, structure and intensity.
- Jorge leaves it to mature slowly, in toasty oak barrels to give it that mellow, smooth, caramel and vanilla flavour. Yum!
- One of our biggest ever sellers and we can absolutely see why. Pour yourself a glass of this belly warmer with big ol’ bowl of steamy stew. Perfection.
Draped in medals and awards, Rodolfo is known to save his best grapes for Angels and his Gran Seleccion is no different.
Oak aged for 10 months, this one is full of flavour, elegance and silky smoothness. Our advice? Grab the cheese board, a glass and sit down for a perfect evening!
With an Angel price of just £9.99, it’s exceptional value for money and definitely one to add to your wishlist. It’s certainly on ours!
- The Best Wine in Spain over £10 according to Decanter - Gorka's gift to you.
- This may not be cheap, but if you're looking for a wine to fit a very special occasion, look no further.
- All the wonders one would hope for from a Rioja, plus those touches you know only comes from great hands - Gorka's. Bundles of rich rich rich red fruits, oak, tobacco and oodles of length. Splendid!
- To get the best out of this wine, Gorka recommends decanting it for an hour before drinking.
A Rioja of this quality would usually have a massive price tag, but thanks to Angel funding you get it at mates rates.
A Crianza is a Rioja aged for at least two years (at least one of which was in oak). This process gives the wine a silky, classy character which combined with a shot of pure crushed strawberry fruit delivers in spades.
This wine is a match made in heaven for a delicious leg of roast lamb or a smoky paprika-filled goulash.
- When we tried Ruth and Ana’s wine for the first time we had to stop and do a double take. Dripping with elegance and charm, this wine is ready to take you to a fancy party and make you look good all night.
- Chock full of smooth velvety tannins, lucious dark fruit and a lick of tummy warming oak, it’s the perfect wine to open when you want to impress the heck out of your friends. That’s if you’re generous enough to share!
- This is the ultimate dinner party favour. Looks good, tastes better and wait until you try it with some manchego and Ibérico ham. Perfect doesn’t quite cover it.
- Say hello to Gonzalo Celayeta, the Garnacha God of Navarra. Gonzalo is a consultant who travels the region helping others make their wines taste amazing. But his real passion is making his own from Garnacha, a grape he’s totally obsessed with.
- Navarra is a little-known Spanish wine region. Because it’s not famous, top wines like Gonzalo’s offer amazing value. That makes signing him a huge scoop.
- Gonzalo has made this Rosé using the complicated Provencal techniques - producing a deliciously light, fresh rosé whilst maintaining delightful strawberry aromas and fruitiness... at a fraction of the cost.
- Carlos has something a lot of winemakers don't - access to the very best grapes around, and first dibs on his favourites. That means he only makes wines that he feels truly passionate about - and boy, does it show.
- This top class Crianza is full to the brim with jammy, fresh strawberry flavour, all rounded off beautifully with young, creamy oak. Top that off with a hint of vanilla and you've got a wine fit for the finest.
- If you like Rioja, you owe it to yourself to taste just how good this grape can be. Perfect with a paella or whatever spicy tapas nibbles take your fancy.
- Because Carlos works as consultant winemaker for several leading wineries, he has the pick of amazing grapes from all over Spain. And of course, he only picks the best! Which is why this cheeky little red is on our list.
- Made from 100% Garnacha (also known as Grenache), this tummy warming red has fruit by the bucket load. "Perfect for Sushi", says Carlos...who are we to argue?
- At this price you can afford to drink Morum every day. So you might as well start now!
- This is quite possibly the tastiest Rioja you'll ever find. Why? Because Carlos is in the unique position of being able to buy the best grapes the region has to offer.
- What you probably don't know is, to make Rioja Reserva only the very last squeeze of juice is used. The result is 100% flavour.
- Rich, smooth and creamy. Drinking this is like putting on a set of silk pyjamas.
Want to take Tierras del Arlanza to the next level? Have no fear, the Selección Especial is here!
It’s a big, juicy, oaky monster that tastes just like super-expensive Ribera del Duero.
Wait for a special occasion, grab a leg or shoulder of lamb, smother it in olive oil, garlic and rosemary, and slow roast it for several hours. Serve with this wine, and you’ll wonder how ordinary life has been up until this moment.
Eamon, Wine Guy