- Carmen is one of the rare winemakers who knows exactly how to coax the best out of South Africa's tricky Chenin Blanc.
- This has purity written all over it. Crisp clean, apple and white peach fruit flavours running alongside a lovely creamy, soft bite to the finish. Just delicious.
- The perfect partner for a lovely fresh piece of cod, or a plateful of creamy mussels.
- Who'da thought it... a big dollop of gutsy Shiraz can be brought to life by a tiny smidgeon of peachy pure Viognier.
- Big, rich, ripe bramble and damson fruit with lashings of oak are given a soft, silky finish by the addition of the Viognier with its hint of white peach acting as the perfect foil to the peppery undertones.
- Angel funding bought the grapes, so it's incredible quality for a very reasonable price... no wonder so many of you would happily buy it again!
During Summer Tour last year Johan tempted Angels with two mouth-wateringly good wines and asked them to vote on which one he should hurry home to produce...4000 votes later we had a winner...
There’s no ABC (Anything but Chardonnay) excuse here. This one is bursting with citrus and stone fruit flavours as well as a delightful minerality and a rich creaminess that will certainly keep you coming back for more.
So why snap it up? Well, in Johan’s own words; “the fruit was limited, the votes were many, so please buy this as I suspect it will sell out in no time”. You don’t need to tell us twice, Johan.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.
- If there's one place where Angel funding goes the furthest, it's South Africa. Super-talented Stephen de Wet hasn't let us down with his superb Sauvignon.
- Expect a mouthful of perfectly crisp apples, with a squeeze of juicy white peaches. It's a total crowd pleaser - and 90% of over 30,000 Angels agree.
- If you're cracking out the smoked salmon or paying homage to a bit of shellfish, this is your bottle.
- This wine is extra special to me. It was blended with a group of lovely Angels at the Cutler’s Hall, Sheffield... which also happens to be my birthplace!
- Boy did they do a good job. The result is this delicious 3 grape blend, predominantly unwooded Grenache with a dollop of Syrah and just a smidgeon of Mourvedre.
- The Grenache brings ripe and expressive fruit, think freshly picked raspberries sprinkled with cracked black pepper and a dribble of molasses. The Syrah adds weight and concentration, whilst the small percentage of oak aged Mourvèdre adds an extra dimension of savoury, spicy complexity.
- I believe that there is no greater translator of terroir than Chardonnay. I think this shows off my style of winemaking perfectly, I just had to share this wine with you.
- Chardonnay grapes and the cost of barrels make it difficult to grow the volumes. When I heard there was an opportunity for a new Chardonnay in Naked Wines’ range I couldn't resist putting this wine together for the Angels. Thank you Angels and Naked for believing in me and helping me fund this awesome Chardonnay.
- Light gold in colour with a green tinge, on the nose there is complex citrus, green apples and pears followed by a light toasty character from the 30% new French Oak. These flavours integrate on a seemless, well balanced palate with a butterscotch, citrus mineral finish.
- Your Golden Girl Carmen has been working on a parcel of perfect Pinotage.
- Carmen is one of the exceptional winemakers who knows exactly how to work wonders with the tricky Pinotage grape.
- With layer upon layer of ripe berry fruits, bags of complexity and a naughty lick of spice to finish - it's going to knock your socks off.
- Carmen Stevens hardly needs any introduction to most Angels. She’s the unsung winemaking hero you helped us pluck from obscurity in South Africa. Her latest Naked outing comes in the form of this voluptuous, versatile Cabernet blend from the sunshine-soaked Coastal Region.
- This is Carmen’s homage to Bordeaux, only better. Like Bordeaux it’s made from only premium, sophisticated grapes. But unlike Bordeaux, they come from the sun-drenched vineyards of South Africa, taking the flavour through the roof.
- This deep ruby drop is packed with intense blackcurrant fruits, with a hint of juicy red berries - finished off with a tender touch of posh oak. It's the best of both worlds in a bottle, just for you.
- Highly acclaimed by South Africa's no. 1 wine writer John Platter, this is the kind of Shiraz that will put hairs on your chest - so you might want to think twice if you prefer the less hirsute look.
- This intense-red shiraz, produced in a sweet little town called Tulbagh, offers an explosion of luscious berry fruit and has bags of oomph!
- The experts reckon you can cellar it for up to 8 years from vintage, but frankly we don't think you'll stand a chance of waiting that long.