WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want to quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike's Pinot Gris is a belter! Insanely tropical, tongue-tingly and rich... with that super-crisp tropical fruitiness New Zealand is famous for. Sunshine in a bottle.
- With Sauvignon Blanc stealing all the praise for Marlborough, it’s easy to forget that it’s a paradise for other grapes too. Luckily Mike used Angel funding to snaffle a parcel of perfect Pinot Gris from an immaculate vineyard to create an absolute belter of a wine.
- WARNING: This wine is dangerously drinkable... with or without food. Don't say we didn't warn you!
- Pinot Gris grows very well in Waipara. The cool and dry weather means the fruit to ripen super slowly to develop beautiful body and ripeness. I've been working with Pinot Gris for over a decade and there are more nuances to the variety than you'd think!
- Thanks to Angel support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked.
- Fresh white pear and nectarine combine with preserved fig and baked quince on the nose and through the palate with a hint of cinnamon. Rich yet restrained and dry on the finish, a white wine with many layers suitable for pondering or drinking!
- Waipara Pinot Noir can offer so much complexity and savoury elements whilst still showing a very real New world fruit aspect. I reckon Waipara is producing some of the top Pinot Noir to come out of the new world and I get a great buzz out of a being a part of it!
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Dark ruby red in the glass the wine leads with abundant dark cherry, dried herb with a background of florals. Long, fresh and woven together with mineral tannins and French oak, this a wine that will equally age or enjoyed young. An array of ripe dark cherries, plum and berry fruits provides flesh and weight in the mouth - beautiful drinking and especially with a meal and some friends!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker