- The juicy, indulgent Montepulciano from undiscovered Italian winemaker Riccardo Iacobone bagged the most votes at every single tasting.
- With rich and intense blackberry flavours, a yummy chunk of chocolate and and a velvety smooth smoky lick, it’s no surprise that the voting box was overflowing with tokens.
- Riccardo could hardly believe it when we gave him the good news - thanks to the power of your votes, he’s bagged a game-changing order for his business.
Passerina is an almost forgotten grape in Italy; left behind in the rush for high yielding varieties but there was a parcel from the older vineyards on Riccardo’s estate and, thanks to Angel funding, he was able to give it a chance.
- He’s the man behind the rich and juicy, 93% rated Sottovento Montepulciano; a wine chosen by hundreds of Angels in a blind tasting, so you can be sure his nous for good wine is spot on.
- Mouth-wateringly refreshing and chock-full of crisp, delicate fruits, as Riccardo says, ‘although it really can be drunk throughout the year, the summer is definitely THE time to drink it’. No need to tell us twice, Riccardo!