A few years ago Gian Paolo followed his heart and ventured into the world of wine and he now brings the best of northern Italy right to your doorstep.
- This intense, fragrant red is made from 100% Barbera grapes that were planted on one of Gian Paolo’s south facing slopes, meaning they got to soak up all that glorious Italian sunshine.
Hand harvested and then matured in French oak barrels. If you like your Amarone’s then this one is a no-brainer.
- You've been crying out for a big, unabashed Barolo for as long as we can remember. And here it is, thanks to the supremely talented Gianfranco and Serena - all the way from the picture-perfect vineyards of Piedmont. This is the REAL top shelf stuff that Italians don't want to give away.
- Known as "the wine of Kings and the King of wines" - this deep, dark and brooding Barolo certainly lives up to its name. Full of deliciously ripe, ruby red fruit flavour, with layer upon layer of caramel-tinged oak and complexity.
- It's no secret that Barolo would normally see you handing over lotsa dosh. But thanks to your funding - you'll only pay for what this wine is worth, and not a penny more. Grab yourself a bottle and go all out with a rich and creamy mushroom risotto, finished with a drizzle of truffle oil. Go on, you deserve it...
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My flagship Amarone is the perfect combination of power and complexity. And thanks to Angel funding, you get it for a very good price indeed.
- My intense ruby red Amarone is bursting with aromas of black cherry, blueberry and vanilla. Every inch of the bottle is packed with intense cherry and raspberry fruit. Complex and decadent with a refined finish - it's the perfect red for a special occasion.
- The best reward for me is the recognition of my efforts and quality by the people enjoying my wines. So here's to you Angels! I can't wait to hear what you think.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The grapes for my Poggio di Guardia come from one of the highest vineyards in Tuscany with 18-year old Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon vines.
- Thanks to your funding we've been able to take extra care to create a Super Tuscan that will rival some of the best wines in the world.
- My Poggio di Guardia is a deep purple-red, with spicy black pepper that opens up towards liquorice, mint and blueberries. It's pure silk and has a taste that will keep you coming back for more!
Stefano di Blasi, Winemaker
Timorasso is an ancient grape variety grown only in Piedmont and nowadays there are only 150 hectares of it around. It’s not your typical light and refreshing Italian glugger, this one has real guts and stands proud with substance and structure.
- Gian-Paolo carefully handpicks his grapes, and only the very best make it to the bottle. As you can imagine, yields are low here so you can be sure you are getting top-notch quality!
- This is a white wine that’s born to age. Crack it open now and you’ll find it full of fabulously floral and zingy citrus notes. Or wait a few years to see those flavours develop into something really rather special.