- Back in 1997 I took a trip to New Zealand where I fell in love with Sauvignon Blanc. Ever since I got back I've wanted to find the perfect place to grow my own, and with the help of Naked Wines I finally found the right place near the village of Brenton on the slopes of Monte Calvarina.
- The grapes for my Sauvignon Blanc Vecchie Scuole come from a vineyard 500 metres above sea level, and are grown on rich volcanic soils. We handpick each vine at the end of August, before pressing the grapes and fermenting in stainless steel vats - all on the same day.
- The volcanic soil and altitude give my wine a distinct set of aromas. You will see that it's fresh with hints of jasmine, nettles and white pepper, with mouth wateringly rich citrus, apricot and peach flavours.
Antonio Fattori, Winemaker
- The history of the Tornesi family in Montalcino dates back to 1865 and every member has been born on the Benducce site since then. Wine is part of their heritage, and today’s generation continue to fly the flag with gusto!
This Rosso di Montalcino comes from the same quality vineyards as uber expensive Brunello, it’s simply released earlier. With 2016 heralded as an exceptional vintage, getting our hands on this beauty is definitely cause for celebration.
Grown organically, carefully hand harvested, and matured in large, Slavonian oak ‘botti’. The resulting wine is beautifully perfumed with a mix of violets, red berries and truffles and is a silky, juicy, full-bodied bottle of goodness.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My flagship Amarone is the perfect combination of power and complexity. And thanks to Angel funding, you get it for a very good price indeed.
- My intense ruby red Amarone is bursting with aromas of black cherry, blueberry and vanilla. Every inch of the bottle is packed with intense cherry and raspberry fruit. Complex and decadent with a refined finish - it's the perfect red for a special occasion.
- The best reward for me is the recognition of my efforts and quality by the people enjoying my wines. So here's to you Angels! I can't wait to hear what you think.