- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
- Christian has created the Naked Godfather of the big reds - and it's at a price you won't believe.
- He semi-dried grapes in the Italian sunshine to create a deliciously intense wine like nothing we've tasted before.
- Every delicious sip is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit. It's dark, brooding, powerful and practically bursting with sumptuous Italian charm.
A few years ago Gian Paolo followed his heart and ventured into the world of wine and he now brings the best of northern Italy right to your doorstep.
- This intense, fragrant red is made from 100% Barbera grapes that were planted on one of Gian Paolo’s south facing slopes, meaning they got to soak up all that glorious Italian sunshine.
Hand harvested and then matured in French oak barrels to give an intense, fragrant and deep red wine. If you like your Amarone’s then this one is a no-brainer.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My flagship Amarone is the perfect combination of power and complexity. And thanks to Angel funding, you get it for a very good price indeed.
- My intense ruby red Amarone is bursting with aromas of black cherry, blueberry and vanilla. Every inch of the bottle is packed with intense cherry and raspberry fruit. Complex and decadent with a refined finish - it's the perfect red for a special occasion.
- The best reward for me is the recognition of my efforts and quality by the people enjoying my wines. So here's to you Angels! I can't wait to hear what you think.
Gian Paolo followed his heart and ventured into the world of wine after years of hard grafting in a different industry and he’s so excited to give Angels a glimpse of his home in the north Italian region of Piemonte.
He used 3 different grape varieties for his Rosso Barbera blend to make sure he bought you a perfectly balanced red that’s rich in colour and brimming with aromas of red berries.
So why should this make its way into your basket? Because it’s a beautiful taste of Italy at a cracking price. What’s more, if Sunday roasts and hearty stews are on the menu, then this one is a must.