- If you like the super-clean fruit of a New World Pinot, and the rustic charm of an Old World one, then this bottle has your name on it
- Archangels picked this wine over Pinots 2-3 times its price in a blind tasting at Naked HQ, so we knew we were onto a winner.
- This one needs a bit of breathing time after opening, but your patience will be richly rewarded when you get to experience the incredible depth and fruitiness of this wine come to life. It’s a perfect choice for a night in front of the fire so snuggle up and enjoy!
- Beerenauslese literally means 'select harvest of berries' and that's exactly what Gerd has done to create this 37.5cl bottle of unctuous sweet goodness!
- The juicy Scheurebe and Riesling grapes are left on the vines to develop a gorgeously intense sweetness and concentration of flavour.
- Just wonderful with a huge slice of lemon meringue pie and a generous serving of cream. Perfection.
- The latest vintage of Gerd's IWC trophy-winning dry Riesling.
- After his Pinot Noir blew our socks off in a blind-tasting, we thought it'd be rude not to take his Riesling too!
- Grab yourself a bottle and try it with a tasty Thai takeaway for a proper Friday night treat.
- Pinot Gris has been grown in the Pfalz region for some time. I love Pinot Gris as a wine… it is literally a Pinot Noir with no colour. It can be just as complex, and the finest examples are quite challenging to make.
- I wanted to make a fresher style of Pinot Gris which still has richness, texture and a sense of place. To do this I selected 3 vineyard sites (hence the *3*) for the project. The different vineyards all contribute to the complexity of the wine.
- The outcome is something pretty special. Succulent ripe fruity flavours of apple, melon and pear with a rich textural quality and a fresh crisp finish.
Gewürztraminer is known to be as fresh as a daisy and as floral as a flower shop and this does not disappoint.
Take a big whiff and you’re walking through a country garden. Rose petals, apple blossoms and jasmine aromas, with bright citrus, quince and pear on the palate, delicious!
Serve slightly chilled with an aromatic Thai curry and enjoy the ultimate flavour sensation.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- I found Riesling always fascinating and a great challenge to make. It is such a diverse grape variety with a wonderful quality to express its origin.
- These grapes were grown in a vineyard with soils rich in Kalkstein (limestone) and I love the flavours this gives to the wine.
- Delicate refreshing notes of yellow peaches, autumn apples, citrus and a hint of spice. The flavours are rich with a beautiful balance of fruit and a long mineral finish.
- Pinot Noir is my favourite red grape. 15 years ago I visited Burgundy during vintage and worked with growers and winemakers - since then I have returned every year to the region.
- It was a real surprise when I finally made my first Pinot Noir here in the Pfalz. I could not believe the quality and style it was possible to make in this region.
- Through Naked Wines I had the opportunity to work with the grower to help him manage the vineyard and harvest the grapes for this special wine. The result is a Pinot Noir with intense aromas of ripe forest berries and raspberry leaf. It has great balance with good texture and a persistent finish.