- Pinot Gris has been grown in the Pfalz region for some time. I love Pinot Gris as a wine… it is literally a Pinot Noir with no colour. It can be just as complex, and the finest examples are quite challenging to make.
- I wanted to make a fresher style of Pinot Gris which still has richness, texture and a sense of place. To do this I selected 3 vineyard sites (hence the *3*) for the project. The different vineyards all contribute to the complexity of the wine.
- The outcome is something pretty special. Succulent ripe fruity flavours of apple, melon and pear with a rich textural quality and a fresh crisp finish.
- If you like the super-clean fruit of a New World Pinot, and the rustic charm of an Old World one, then this bottle has your name on it
- Archangels picked this wine over Pinots 2-3 times its price in a blind tasting at Naked HQ, so we knew we were onto a winner.
- This one needs a bit of breathing time after opening, but your patience will be richly rewarded when you get to experience the incredible depth and fruitiness of this wine come to life. It’s a perfect choice for a night in front of the fire so snuggle up and enjoy!