WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
- Joost and Miguela have been delighting Angel tastebuds with premium Loire Sauvignon at New World prices for years... And their latest offering is next-level elegant.
- This low-yield wine is everything that makes French Sauvignon special: all white peach, green apples and gooseberries, with a finishing flourish that leaves you reaching for another glass.
- Fancy wine merchants could easily charge £15 per bottle for the same juice, just by adding a designer appellation to the label. But you’re smarter than that.
- When Naked asked us if we could create a ‘Sparkling Shiraz’, we were delighted to rise to the challenge. Although it had to be a ‘Sparkling Syrah’ as its roots are firmly in France!
- We picked the grapes early so that the wine would be deliciously soft and fruity with a fabulous deep opaque colour. It's just bursting with delicious fresh red fruits.
- This is an extremely exclusive small batch production and possibly one of a kind, we know of no other southern French Sparkling Syrah. So if you're intrigued by the sound of a sparkling red, now's your time to grab a taste!
Charles & Ruth, Winemakers
- Sancerre is what you buy if you want to look flash. Pouilly Fume is what you buy if you really are flash, not to mention flush. Top of the French Sauvignon Blanc ladder, this is pure, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle.
- Joost only gets to make this wine when the vintage is really, really good. He assured us this was one of those years. And by jove we agree!
- Seriously limited stock and ready for drinking right NOW. If you think too long about buying this, you might miss out...
- The masterpiece of the Alsace wines, Gewürztraminer is my favourite grape to work with.
- My Gewürztraminer Réserve has a fantastic floral nose... take a sip and you'll be met with deliciously concentrated pear and peach fruits, with a mellow spicy aromatic finish.
- A lot of wine can't stand up to spicy food, but my Gewürztraminer is perfect with spicy Asian cuisine. Try it with a Thai curry - you won't be disappointed.
- Charles Simpson's specialty is taking well known grape varieties in the Languedoc, and giving them a little bit of a twist.
- So when the locals said you can't make Blanc de Blancs, he went out to prove them wrong.
- Expensive tasting, Champagne style at Languedoc prices - it's the perfect sparkler for the party season!
- More than just a label. When Joost says ‘prestige’ he means ‘prestige’. And boy oh boy does this delicious Loire Sauvignon deserve its name...
- Classic, refined and dry. This luxurious drop has all the sophistication and character of a Sancerre. Except it’s not. Because that would be illegal.
- Grab yourself a hunk of creamy goats cheese, some posh crackers, and go wild.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The genius behind Ruinart, Mumm and Baron de Rothschild Champagne has made this spectacular Champagne exclusively for Angels.
- Using the same skill and techniques behind those world famous labels, he's produced this gloriously sophisticated and refined Champagne that's guaranteed to have you purring with pleasure.
- It's vivacious, it's elegant, and it punches WELL above its weight. Forget paying the big, famous name brand price. This is where the smart money is spent.
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
Denis carefully selected the grapes that went into this delightfully gluggable wine as only the best were fit for the job.
Two words that spring to mind with this one? Juicy and fresh. There’s an abundance of red fruit aromas to ignite the senses. We're talking strawberries, raspberries and redcurrants with a little twist of black cherries just for good measure. It’s dangerously moreish stuff.
Chêne Noir 2017 is a fantastic vintage and our lucky Angels get it at a jaw-dropping price. So if it’s value for money you’re after then look no further; Denis has the answer!